Honored Contributor

Jay King has a show on HSN tonight.

Honored Contributor

wait for the clearance.........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor
Saw the TSV due to lack of sleep...settings looked cheap and unsubstantial and the stones of poor quality.
Trusted Contributor

Unfortunately, most of his turquoise is compressed turquoise, which isn't a stone that is polished and formed and set in silver. Its bits and pieces that are made into a stone and set. A LOT of his stones are like this and if you look around on the internet and google compressed turquoise, you will find that many reputable sites say "buyer beware" because you are getting subpar stuff at a high price and the price you pay is okay, if you plan on enjoying it but its still a high price to pay for essentially, bluntly, junk.

Trusted Contributor

Is it really appropriate to post this on a QVC website ? I think you take their generosity for granted.

Regular Contributor

he showed a piece of rough and said they polish it - are you sure it's composite?? It looks like a men's ring to me and too big but I do like turquoise with caramel matrix and like that it's reversible.

Trusted Contributor

Ladies, go to the site and pull up the details tab, then scroll down and see the stone information which clearly states its composite. I'll insert it here but most of his turquoise stones are composite because I was totally interested in a beautiful ring he had on this morning until I pulled up the stone info, same thing!

<h3>Stone Information (all sizes and weights approximate)</h3> <table class="dictionaryItems"> <tbody> <tr> <td class="key">Stabilized Compressed Blue-Green Santa Rita Turquoise:</td> <td class="values">Oval (12x21mm); mined in USA</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="key">Lapis:</td> <td class="values">Oval (12x21mm); mined in Afghanistan</td> </tr> </tbody> </table>
Respected Contributor
It is amazing how people are able to sell garbage and become very rich from it and be very proud of it.
Super Contributor

I was tempted but I think I'll pass. Looks like a very heavy ring and wonder how comfortable it would be (along with how stable the reversible aspect would be in the long run....)

Respected Contributor

As long as he's up front about the material (and he is, the material is posted for all the things I checked), I don't mind what he uses. As long as I have the info about material and price, I can make an informed decision. I'm cool with that.