Contributor

Favorite silver brand/type of silver colored jewelry??

I have tried so many different brands of silver bracelets and have found that each brand of silver is a different color. It is frustrating when I try to match up different ones because some are sooooo white - and others are more silver - and others are more like stainless. To me, it is so noticeable on bracelets when you try to stack them.

I have some nice stainless & gold watches that I would like to wear a bracelet or two with. Only one or two would not look weird with them. I bought an Ultrafine byzantine that is soooo white it looks strange with my other silver bracelets. I just received some of the Extraordinary Life sets. They are very white too - and all have these little tarnish papers in the bags with them. I thought they are nickel free?????? At $116.00 per set, am I wrong to think they shouldn't tarnish?

BASICALLY - What is a tried and true brand of sliver jewelry that is consistent in coloring through their jewelry items and that do not tarnish????

Thanks in advance for any input. I'll bet there are others that are bugged by this {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Honored Contributor

Re: Favorite silver brand/type of silver colored jewelry??

Why in the world do you feel the need to match shades of silver...never heard of that? I celebrate silver being different colors due to its oxidation and wear and I love to mix textures. I wear 8 bangles that I almost never remove and no two of them are similar. Love to mix them with cuffs and beaded bracelets. Wear and oxidation give silver character and make it more interesting. Relax and enjoy your silver.

If you want to spend big bucks you could try Judith Ripka. It all looks just alike and is likely to all be the same silver color. It's plated so is unlikely to tarnish.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I think you are a bit obsessive about this. The only thing you can do is stick within one line, like all Judith Ripka, all Carolyn Pollack, all Ultrafine. You will get more enjoyment buying across several lines. My current favorite is Carolyn's line, my last three bracelet purchases have been from her line, all with turquoise or turquoise doublets. I mix these in with my older Ripka, etc. No such thing as not matching, in my book.

Regular Contributor

Although I don't like mixing metals, I actually like mixing different kinds of silver. I have some Or Paz that I mix with an Italian rose bracelet made by Peruzzi. I also add vintage pieces of different textures and styles.
Honored Contributor

Silver tarnishes, lack of nickel doesn't make it tarnish free.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Silver that is worn consistently doesn't tarnish. I've got bangles I wear everyday that I've had 20 years that have never been polished. I have many pounds of other silver that I keep in anti-tarnish boxes and it never tarnishes either. I almost never have to polish silver, only if I've left it out of a box.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

OP, I understand what you mean about wanting to match the color of your silver jewelry. I've tried different lines, and my favorites tend to be more of a..... darker silver, that blends in with my white gold. I thought I would like Ultrafine silver, so I bought several pieces. That silver is pretty, and the most pure, but it's so white and it does tarnish quickly.