Regular Contributor

Hi, I just posted this but it didn't show up. My question is about gemstone rings. I was in a jewelry store with a friend this past weekend and ended up loving two rings. One was a pretty light blue round stone set in an antique like setting. Very pretty and classy.

The other ring was a bright pink in a heart shape. In white metal. Not tiny or small but I'd say medium. Since ordering it (it is suppose to be sized) I have been wondering if I'm going to look outdated. As I think about it, I really don't see many ladies or girls wearing gemstones. They seem to wear bands or stack rings. You don't see many color rings. I was looking at the hosts on the Q and felt they were not wearing gemstones either. ??

I love my light blue ring and feel it is a great ring. But the standout pink heart has me questioning if I did the right thing in buying it. I don't want to look outdated. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

I know white metals are most popular today and I have mostly white. Can you ladies tell me if your daughters and you would or wear gemstone rings? Do young girls today not wear them? I'm curious about that too. Thank you for your input.

Honored Contributor

Re: Are Gemstone Rings ""Out""?

I wear rings and pendants with gemstones all the time. I also see ladies who are younger wearing them also.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Frequent Contributor

Personally, I feel anything that you wear that you feel good about and that you think is pretty is all that matters. Who cares if someone thinks it's "outdated"? It's what YOU think that matters. Smile

Regular Contributor

I agree with ShellBell, if you love the rings by all means wear them. I wear gemstone jewelry all the time and love the colors of them. Just because people don't wear them doesn't mean you can't and enjoy them like you do. I like setting my own style and not go along with the fads of the day. Please don't restrict yourself of what brings you joy. Wear them in good health and be happy with your purchase. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I wear gemstones all the time. I love having color on my hands and I've had numerous compliments.

Super Contributor

I haven't a clue about anyone else, but I wear them.

Contributor

I don't think they are out of style. Rings with big stones or statement rings are in style. It all depends on what outfit you are wearing.

I thought white metal was more in style as well.....what is frustrating me about that is I changed most of my jewelry to white and now that I have all of the bags I see on QVC that I would have bought have gold or brass hardware? Maybe I am a bit ocd about matching metals....I tried some gold on and it feels gawdy on me now.

Respected Contributor

Love gemstone jewelry!!! Do you know what gemstones your rings are? It's fun learning about gems!

Esteemed Contributor

I just love gemstone rings. Wear them every day, and have collected many over the years. When it comes to clothes I try to be fashionable, not trendy or too conservative or casual. For jewelry, especially rings, I wear what pleases me, regardless of what "they" might think. OP: it sound like you do not really love the ring you selected.

Super Contributor

I admit I had not purchased a gemstone ring in YEARS. But this March was our 38th wedding anniversary and my sweet husband asked me what I'd like. I did some ""research"" and decided on a beautiful gemstone ring of Fire Citrine with Orange Sapphires and White Topaz. It's a beauty!!!! It certainly is not the most expensive ring I own but it looks like it could be!!!