Respected Contributor

Evine TTV Sapphire Ring. Anyone interested in it? Buying?

I bought it in the pink but am second guessing myself. Do I really need it and is it a good price? I love the invisable setting and it looks really great.

Honored Contributor

Re: Evine TTV Sapphire Ring. Anyone interested in it? Buying?

It's a pretty ring and I might have considered it in either blue or yellow, but I personally think they overdid it with the white sapphires... Had they left them off the shank I might have actually liked it better.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

On 3/26/2015 LisaB said:

I bought it in the pink but am second guessing myself. Do I really need it and is it a good price? I love the invisable setting and it looks really great.

If it had white zircon accents instead of white topaz, I would have ordered it in the blue (LOVE ceylon sapphire color). But I just don't like white sapphires. To me, white sapphires have no sparkle or shine. Every ring I've ever gotten that has white sapphire accents was returned due to "dullness" of the sapphires.

On a positive note........I received a white zircon pave ring that I ordered from JTV (similar to Bella's engagement ring in Twilight). The white zircons dazzle and sparkle like diamonds!

Respected Contributor

On 3/26/2015 NiteStar said:
On 3/26/2015 LisaB said:

If it had white zircon accents instead of white topaz, I would have ordered it in the blue (LOVE ceylon sapphire color). But I just don't like white sapphires. To me, white sapphires have no sparkle or shine. Every ring I've ever gotten that has white sapphire accents was returned due to "dullness" of the sapphires.

On a positive note........I received a white zircon pave ring that I ordered from JTV (similar to Bella's engagement ring in Twilight). The white zircons dazzle and sparkle like diamonds!

Good to know about the dullness of the white sapphires. I was reading about invisable settings and if the setting is not perfect the stones can come out. I am thinking with something that is mass made for a TTV maybe its not the right time to get this kind of setting. A stone comes out and the ring is toast. I am going to cancel it and just put a couple rings on to keep me in check. Thanks ladies for your thoughts. I needed help. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

White sapphires in and of themselves aren't necessarily dull. Like all stones, dull ones can be used on the cheap. I have a half dozen pieces of jewelry with white sapphires -- some from that network -- and they are fiery and clear.

White zircons do have fire, but just like any stone, they have their problems, too. The bigger they are, they often can be a cloudy white vs. clear.

If you like the ring, try it!

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/26/2015 stevieb said:

It's a pretty ring and I might have considered it in either blue or yellow, but I personally think they overdid it with the white sapphires... Had they left them off the shank I might have actually liked it better.

Hi StevieB: I thought the same thing you did. I, too, thought it was overkill with the white sapphires. The halo around the ring makes the ring at least to me, look pretty cheap. Love the colored sapphire stones though, but this ring just didn't wow me in the least. I'm a bit leary of Chuck's rings anyway. By the way, MIcheal V posted on Facebook and showed a beautiful 7 carat pink/reddsh stone for an upcoming future TTV. Stone is gorgeous. I'll be waiting for that one to appear.

Super Contributor

It is a pretty ring but I am passing on this one. I'd rather purchase Michael's pieces as I have lost a bit of confidence in Chuck's pieces. I do love him however!!

We all have two lives. The second begins when you realize you only have one - Confucius
Honored Contributor

On 3/26/2015 BlingQueen022 said:

Hi StevieB: I thought the same thing you did. I, too, thought it was overkill with the white sapphires. The halo around the ring makes the ring at least to me, look pretty cheap. Love the colored sapphire stones though, but this ring just didn't wow me in the least. I'm a bit leary of Chuck's rings anyway. By the way, MIcheal V posted on Facebook and showed a beautiful 7 carat pink/reddsh stone for an upcoming future TTV. Stone is gorgeous. I'll be waiting for that one to appear.

Wink

Hey Bling, looks like we both dodged a bullet with this one...

It's a pretty ring, but sometimes they don't know when to stop!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Hey Bling, when did you suddenly go anti-bling on accent stones? LOL

On another note: I'm done with Michael anyway. Returned that peridot tennis-style bracelet. Stones were nice but bracelet a flimsy piece of junk, sadly. How did your TTV peridot ring work out?

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/26/2015 Sammycat1 said:

Hey Bling, when did you suddenly go anti-bling on accent stones? LOL

On another note: I'm done with Michael anyway. Returned that peridot tennis-style bracelet. Stones were nice but bracelet a flimsy piece of junk, sadly. How did your TTV peridot ring work out?

Hi Sammycat! I haven't gone anti bling at all. I just thought the halo around the invisible set stones cheapened the look of the ring. I'm not a big fan of Chuck's jewelry because I was never really impressed with the rings I've received. In fact, I just recently sold most of his rings I had on eBay. As for Micheal's peridot ring, the center stone is gorgeous. There wasn't any black specks in it. Only thing I didn't care for was the weight of the ring. It was on the light side. I hope he's not cutting corners. Sorry your bracelet didn't work out. I've never ordered a bracelet of his only his rings. Stay tuned for more info regarding his new oval pink reddish stone he showed on Facebook. The stone is super gorgeous. When I know more info, I'll post.