Honored Contributor

On Wed. be nice to hear the stories behind her fabulous collection. Looking forward to the show.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Elizabeth Taylor jewelry

Hi Sharke, in December of 2011 I went to Christie's auction house for the preview of the upcoming auction of Taylor's jewelry, clothing, handbags, etc. I was shocked at how close we were able to get to all of her gorgeous things. First off, seeing her clothes was an eye opener as she always had a larger than life presence on screen - in fact she was a wisp of a thing - no bigger than a minute. And the jewelry would make you want to cry it was so stunning. I'll tell you - she had it all going on - she never seemed to meet a man who didn't want to gift her with extraordinarily beautiful baubles! Enjoy watching her collection.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be watching. I'm a Liz fan. She had her faults like everyone else but she never pretended to be something she wasn't. I would have liked to have seen her in person. They say those eyes were like no other. She also seemed to be a generous person.
Super Contributor

On 3/24/2015 Reba055 said: Thanks for the heads up. I'll be watching. I'm a Liz fan. She had her faults like everyone else but she never pretended to be something she wasn't. I would have liked to have seen her in person. They say those eyes were like no other. She also seemed to be a generous person.

I agree, and I can hardly wait to see her fabulous jewelry. This is something Liz and I would have agreed on 100%.

Honored Contributor

Last time it aired it was on Lisa R's last night on the Q.

Regular Contributor

There is something about the Hollywood stars of that era. They had glamor and style. Elizabeth Taylor was such a beautiful woman and very elegant. Not to mention she was a great actress. And yes her jewelry was gorgeous!! looking forward to the show, hopefully they will have good stories and history to tell of each of her pieces.

Contributor

I truly enjoyed the show today and thought Jane did a wonderful job. There was much better charisma between her and Tim than there was with Lisa R and Tim last December. That show was just awkward, but today's show went smooth and the stories were entertaining, especially the puppies and pearl one! I also loved the one where she would take off her huge diamond ring to let people try it on when they commented on it, even on airplanes. He said people would just be in shock never thinking she would do that, but she loved to share her jewelry. I appreciated the times Jane reached over and touched Tim's arm during his telling of a story when he appeared to be a bit emotional, especially when talking about Mike Todd and Elizabeth's perfect love jewelry. It's obvious how close he was to Elizabeth.

Honored Contributor

On 3/25/2015 bamberkat said:

There was much better charisma between her and Tim than there was with Lisa R and Tim last December. That show was just awkward, but today's show went smooth and the stories were entertaining...

I thought the same thing. Tim Mendelson seemed much more at ease, probably as much due to it being his second time around as anything Jane did. I really enjoyed watching him.

Super Contributor

I missed the show and forgot to record. I wonder if the liine will be any good. Dear Nolan Miller used to like to tell stories about how Liz would show him her pieces. He would ask if he could copy one for QVC, and she always said yes.

I was cleaning my closet this week (never ending job) and found a butterfly pin of Nolan's. It was sold here under his name, but came in a Zunino box. This pin is sooooo well made. I have gotten used to the junkiness of other Qz jewelry I guess, as the quality of this Nolan pin really stood out. It would have been comfortable in a glass display box at Nordstrom, in the fine jewelry section. The perfect enamel, the perfect plating (didn't seem plated, seemed solid) the CRYSTALS SCREAMED WITH SHINE AND REFLECTIVENESS.

My goodness I wish his standards would be THE standard for costume jewelry. Yes, a couple goofs slipped by when he was seriously ill, but other than those, it was nothing but excellence. - Bird

Trusted Contributor

I have the long chain of "pearls" with the "pearl" enhancer and receive compliments every time I wear it! As an admitted jewelry junkie, I would love to see Taylor's real pieces!