Respected Contributor

WATCH COLLECTORS.......March 2015

Time for spring... hopefully. It's March 1 and we got thru February, despite the cold and snowy weather. Last month watch talks were highlighted by the Lady Zeus. I wonder what treasures are lurking for March.

Everyone is welcome to join the watch discussions... share your favorites, ask questions about a watch you are considering, or help us find new treasures and great prices.

Honored Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS.......March 2015

not to get too far off topic but aprimo: switch his / her food to UT health in any brand really. I had the same issue with one of mine and the food made a huge difference
Respected Contributor

Heads up: 42mm Venom (626-137) with snake dial and strap, OTO Monday 6pm, $239. I've never seen this watch at anywhere near that price. Very striking. I ordered the GT/green.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/1/2015 Andreatoo said: not to get too far off topic but aprimo: switch his / her food to UT health in any brand really. I had the same issue with one of mine and the food made a huge difference

Thanks, Andreatoo. I switched him to Purina ProPlan UT Health canned food. I changed his litter to a non-clay clumping walnut litter. I also am giving him UT health treats with cranberry. Unfortunately, I am having trouble getting him to use his box all the time. I added two pheromone diffusers to the room (recommended by the vet). But I am still cleaning the carpet all the time. But the antibiotic they gave him is a time-release shot under the skin, so maybe in another day or two he will be better and go back to the box. I hope. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Trusted Contributor

On 3/2/2015 Lavenderjunkie said:

Heads up: 42mm Venom (626-137) with snake dial and strap, OTO Monday 6pm, $239. I've never seen this watch at anywhere near that price. Very striking. I ordered the GT/green.

Wow, LJ just ordered the python look? I have a pyton strapped Glam Rock, really nice looking watch. Must be a 40mm at minimum. Looks more like 42. It must be a pyton strap for the scales seem to want to come up on the strap when worn or stored, in the wrapped position. So I lay it flat while storing and it's fine. At least it doesn't promote more scale lifting. But this Venom strap, I don't know if it would have that problem or not. Anyway, a strap and 42mm?? LJ, I don't believe it. I might be tempted if not for my present one. I did notice that mine has the sweeping hand, jumping and not sweeping. Another one ready to bite the dust. I've been wearing that SS/GT LZ and it's so hard to change it off.
Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

Hi Jena. I know, 42mm and strap, not my thing. But I have loved the look of this Venom for a long time and couldn't pass up the price. But I changed my order to the RT/brown. I decided the green was too limiting a color. They have other versions of the snake skin venom on the web site, but the prices are much higher. I don't think the scales on the strap will be a problem, since it's not real snake, just embossed. But the strap may not hold up with lots of wear if the color and pattern are just superficial. Don't think that will be a problem for me.

Glad you are enjoying your Lady Zeus.

Trusted Contributor

LJ, I see they are back up to $535. now. Good buy there. I think the rt will be a great choice. That would have been my pick too. Smiley Wink)
Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

Jena: It wasn't an easy choice for me.... strap and dial color vs metal color. Both are important. I thought given the size of the watch the RT/brown was a little softer looking and would be easier to wear. The GT/green was more in your face. That's fine if I thought I'd pick green as my accent color when I coordinate an outfit.... but green is not high on my list. Brown is more neutral, so the size and design of the watch will pop, not the color. At least, that was my thought process.

At the OTO price it was tempting to buy both colors.... but that would have been silly, (I kept telling myself) {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} since I haven't even seen on in real life. And double returns are twice as expensive. But several callers, and several reviewers, indicated they had one color and were buying the other. Luckily they took the price away before I could get into more trouble. Wink

Honored Contributor

On 3/2/2015 aprimo said:
On 3/1/2015 Andreatoo said: not to get too far off topic but aprimo: switch his / her food to UT health in any brand really. I had the same issue with one of mine and the food made a huge difference

Thanks, Andreatoo. I switched him to Purina ProPlan UT Health canned food. I changed his litter to a non-clay clumping walnut litter. I also am giving him UT health treats with cranberry. Unfortunately, I am having trouble getting him to use his box all the time. I added two pheromone diffusers to the room (recommended by the vet). But I am still cleaning the carpet all the time. But the antibiotic they gave him is a time-release shot under the skin, so maybe in another day or two he will be better and go back to the box. I hope. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

The only time my Abby didn't use the box was when she had a UTI but hey I get it! They're in pain!

Back to watches: My hydramatic is en route. Fingers crossed it fits nicely! I really wish Sara would do a watch show just for the fact she has similar bone structure to myself; the oversized watches always seem to fit Kendy and Allison but neither are petite girls.

What did you guys think of the snakeskin look? I liked the colors but I'm on the fence...

Respected Contributor

Andrea: I love the snakeskin look, always have. I've collected snakeskin handbags (real and leather embossed to look like snake) for years. I had 2 Croton watches with snakeskin bands but gave them to my sister because the watches were too petite for my current taste. I figured if I wasn't wearing them, maybe she would enjoy them. I treat snakeskin as a print... a subtle print... but a print. Neutral colors done in snakeskin are very wearable and really look sharp. Brighter colors are much more statement pieces and best worn with outfits that are neutral. IMO