Trusted Contributor

thinking of buying his shield ring, which received excellent reviews, however, no one said anything about how it runs size wise. can anyone help? thanks

Frequent Contributor

Re: scott kay ring sizing help

I bought the cross ring and would say it runs true to size. The shield ring looks similar. I buy all my rings for my middle finger in an 8. I cannot, however, wear a skinny banded 8, would be too big. I think that's an important distinction for sizing. Someone who always wears a skinny band ring versus a wider band or ring. All the rings I buy have a bigger presence , and so the cross ring was the same.

Respected Contributor

for the Scott Kay cross ring i had both size 9 and 10 on waitlist. canceled the size 10 and finally received the SK cross ring in size 9 and i am not sure i will keep it. it just fits my middle finger and is not as comfortable to me. with the bolder rings i like the option to change fingers or hands and it's too snug on my index finger. i think a size 10 would be too big. my Dawkins rings fit perfectly and they are size 9.

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered the new Scott Kay cabachon ring in a size 5 and it was very snug. I sent it back and have reordered it in a 6. If you read the reviews for all of the rings in ths line, you'll see that several people reported that they run small.
Trusted Contributor

I have the cross ring. I was concerned since it is a concave ring but I ordered my regular size and it fits perfectly. Very comfortable.
Honored Contributor

I, too, have the cross ring and it fits true to size (size 8 for my index finger).

Trusted Contributor

thanks ladies