Respected Contributor

Chuck's milky aqua ring (TTV)

Yesterday I received Chuck Clemency's milky aqua that recently was a special. I got it with the London Blue accent stones. (Blue is my favorite color and London Blue topaz is one of my favorite gemstones. I have four LB rings.) The price wasn't bad and I thought, "Why not?"

Love the size on my smaller fingers. It's not a "statement" piece; it has a nice low profile. If you like a big ring or have larger hands, it will probably get lost. The center stone was a pretty shade of blue and the LB's were lovely. (Probably nicer than the aqua.)

You do get what you pay for. Don't pay any more than the $59 price tag. A comparable ring on JTV would be in the $49 range. Where they skimped on the price was in the casting of the ring. I normally wear a 6, but this slips around on the finger. A 1/2 size would have been great. Wish they would go back to half sizes.

Posting this just in case anyone was interested.

Honored Contributor

Re: Chuck's milky aqua ring (TTV)

Milky aqua is a cheap gem. I actually posted on Evine's fb page expressing disdain for their second-rate gems. With all the gorgeous gems in Tucson, they came back with this????

Honored Contributor

I ordered the blue topaz and haven't received it yet. Anxious to see it. Thanks for the review.

Honored Contributor

I got the same ring you did, Java. It looks and feels like $59. I think mine is going back...I don't know what I was thinking.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

On 2/26/2015 Kachina624 said: I got the same ring you did, Java. It looks and feels like $59. I think mine is going back...I don't know what I was thinking.

Hi Kachina: Sorry that ring didn't work out. I almost ordered it in the london blue, but it didn't have an undergallery and down the inside of the shank was hollowed out. I have to say I've been more disappointed in his rings so haven't been ordering them. He just doesn't have the quality that Micheal has or the substance. I do like Chuck's bracelets though. They're made well. I stay away from his rings.

Frequent Contributor

I bought the TTV ring, but with the amethyst accent stones; and I bought the matching pendant as well. They were both on my "wish list" (it would be nice if they actually offered wish lists), so I couldn't pass up the TTV price on the ring and the discount on the pendant.

I received them today, and I like them both. I think they're very nice for the price I paid. Finished undergalleries would've been nice, but that's not important enough for me to send them back. I like everything else about them. I'm glad they have prong settings, so that the stones are more secure. The ring has a sturdy band.

I was a little hesitant to order them because during their Tucson special early this month, I ordered a Gem Treasures milky aquamarine ring, and I thought the two rings might be too similar. They're both rectangular with pear shaped accent stones (the one I bought as a Tucson special has iolite accent stones and a rope border). In-person they're much more different from each other than they look on-line. The Tucson ring has a lower profile and the center stone on mine is "milkier" in color with a very subtle shimmer under certain lighting. My TTV ring has a "bluer" stone with a bit more translucency with a subtle shimmer. Plus the silver design work on one is much different than the other. I'm glad I got both of them (and both at good prices).

On 2/26/2015 JavaQueen said:

Yesterday I received Chuck Clemency's milky aqua that recently was a special. I got it with the London Blue accent stones. (Blue is my favorite color and London Blue topaz is one of my favorite gemstones. I have four LB rings.) The price wasn't bad and I thought, "Why not?"

Several weeks ago I bought a London Blue Topaz ring with glacier topaz accent stones from JTV. It's item EOH062. They have some really nice London Blue pieces. This was my first one, but it won't be my last.

Honored Contributor

I received mine today. I purchased the one with the London Blue Topaz. It is a very pretty ring and the London blue topaz are very nice and the color is really pretty. This is my second ring of Chucks and I like both of them. No problems. However I have paid a lot more for Barbara Bixby rings of which two I had to send back due to stones or a pearl falling out. I like Chucks line because as he says everyone can play. The first ring I purchased from him has little blue diamonds and a basket weave band. Though the diamonds are small they still sparkle. I have gotten many compliments on that ring and it did not cost a fortune, I love the color of Milky Aquamarine.