Trusted Contributor

Jewelry Shows Anticipation Gone, Gone, Gone

My mom and I used to look forward to all the special jewelry days and now we have been disappointed once too often. It is no longer special, exciting or worth our time and money. QVC has lost their fine jewelry creditability for me with all their over priced costume jewelry. The good stuff has gotten lost in the mix and I am not willing to shift through it all. If indeed there is a market for this costume line it should not be sold with fine jewelry as it has diminished it all. Lisa not here anymore has made it just more tedious. She probably cringed every time she had to sell some bronzo or other such folly. She is not the reason for my changing views on QVC's jewelry quality but just a domino in their decline.

Honored Contributor

Re: Jewelry Shows Anticipation Gone, Gone, Gone

I remember when seeing Vincenza events meant that it was going to be GOLD jewelry. Those times are long gone! First they started with that awful Veronese costume jewelry, then it went to other types of costume jewelry (the bronzo one I think, the resin-filled, and silver) to the point that there is hardly any gold left in the line. They should re-name themselves the costume jewelry channel. But then I suppose most of them have gone to 90-95% costume jewelry so there would be a fight for the name.

I tried looking at the 'recently aired' for the other day's event and only saw one gold piece in several hours and finally just gave up. I'm not even going to bother looking anymore.

Honored Contributor

Even the so-called "cheap" jewelry channels, LC and Rocks, are still offering 925 and 10K gold. Keep in mind these are basic simple pieces and some of the gemstones are not top quality. My point is QVC could work on a few items if they really tried. I'd much rather have 10K than any of this resin filled or bronzo.

Regular Contributor

I agree. I used to look forward to the jewelry shows also, but not any more. I'm not interested in bronze and I know gold is super expensive but what happened to silver? They don't even have good silver shows any longer. I also used to enjoy Honora and usually bought something but since they have turned to setting so much of their pearls in bronze I no longer watch the presentations. I'm just thankful that I bought what I did back in the day when the quality and value was really there.

Trusted Contributor

I want nice new pieces of jewelry to get excited about but when I do buy I am often disappointed. Like I said before, you have to sit through so many costume pieces that I am just tired of wasting my time with the jewelry events that I used to make a day of with my mom. My last Honora piece I bought I would of kept if it had not been made of bronze…beautiful pearl with a gemstone but couldn't get past that it cheapened the piece. Keep plated jewelry out of fine jewelry shows and events unless you want to make a whole day of costume jewelry in which case I won't have to waste my time sifting through it all.

Honored Contributor

I've had so many disappointments that I don't even watch anymore.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Just speaking for myself, I don't care much for any type of mass-produced jewelry. I like individually designed, vintage, and artisan pieces best, and if I am going to buy mass-produced jewelry I don't want to pay a lot for it. Frankly, I'm not going to sit in front of a TV screen for hours on end watching sales people talk up jewelry that's being sold by the thousands of pieces......regardless of whether it's gold, silver, or costume, and regardless of price. Just not worth that much attention.

Honored Contributor

I'm a fan of sterling silver (or white gold). I'm a huge fan of Hagit Gorali. Sadly, QVC mostly puts her on in the middle of the night. Not at all interested in bronzo or filled jewelry.

Super Contributor

I've lost all interest in QVC's jewelry shows (which are few and far between). Oh well - my credit card's safe!!

We all have two lives. The second begins when you realize you only have one - Confucius
Valued Contributor

On 2/13/2015 GoodStuff said:

Just speaking for myself, I don't care much for any type of mass-produced jewelry. I like individually designed, vintage, and artisan pieces best, and if I am going to buy mass- produced jewelry I don't want to pay a lot for it. Frankly, I'm not going to sit in front of a TV screen for hours on end watching sales people talk up jewelry that's being sold by the thousands of pieces......regardless of whether it's gold, silver, or costume, and regardless of price. Just not worth that much attention.

yes