Super Contributor

Are you kidding me? If something is sold on QVC you know it has been out of style for a while. Most Italians would like to be like to be more cutting edge like Americans are anyway - they would laugh at the fresh from the fair saying - bunch of cheap junk that they would not even wear.

Honored Contributor

Add that phrase along with--ladies who lunch----so 5th avenue----and the one about money that I can't remember----all I hear is blah-blah- blah----and don't watch any of it!!!

Contributor

Way too much bronze junk.

Honored Contributor

And "fresh from the fair" also means that you have to wait MONTHS until you receive it!!! No thanks! Just cancelled three jewelry orders that had over-long delivery dates. When I order something, most often I want to receive it within a reasonable time. I don't consider ordering in January/February and not receiving until late April/late May to be reasonable. At least it's not for me.

Esteemed Contributor

I so hate that phrase. It's like chaulk on a blackboard with me. Sounds like you're shopping for produce.

Trusted Contributor

I thought that phrase left with Lisa! Not so?

Trusted Contributor
On 2/13/2015 BlingQueen022 said:

I so hate that phrase. It's like chaulk on a blackboard with me. Sounds like you're shopping for produce.

Good one !

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Trusted Contributor

When I think "fresh from the fair," I think cotton candy, wet burritos , elephant ears, and corn dogs!

My "hick" is showing !!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}{#emotions_dlg.blush}{#emotions_dlg.lol}

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Trusted Contributor

Yea... "Fresh from the Fair" just sounds odd.

And way way too much bronze. I'll wear the gold over resin before I wear the bronze. Not that the resin filled gold is ideal either!

However, I actually like advanced orders. Sometimes I see a piece I would really like, but it's just not in the budget...and I'm not going into debt to get it. If it's advanced order and I have to have it, it's a bonus for me because that gives me the time to set aside the money now so that when I actually do receive the item I have it completely covered.

Just a different take on the advanced order thing.

Honored Contributor

I wonder how many of those orders are cancelled before they are ever shipped? It must work out for QVC because this seems to be standard for them to do this for the last couple of years.

QVC seems to prey on impulse shopping and if someone has to wait 3 or 4 months to receive something, you'd think they'd lose interest and just cancel the order. That leaves me then to wonder how many people order this stuff and in 4 months get a delivery they no longer remember and a bill they weren't expecting because they forgot! LOL