Super Contributor

Did anyone else get an email with this announcement?

Super Contributor

Re: ShopHQ is now evine live?

Yes - I knew about the change but the name ""Evine Live"" boggles my mind - what that heck does that even mean? I think the name ""Shop HQ"" was cute. But what do I know?

We all have two lives. The second begins when you realize you only have one - Confucius
Super Contributor

Very strange name. The first thing I thought was it's somehow related to Kathy Levine.

Honored Contributor

The website is now evine.com. It's a strange name. I doubt it'll stick.

Honored Contributor

I agree. The name is stupid. Shop HQ was a much more catchy moniker...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

We've had threads about this for months. It is Evine, because it's linked to Kathy LeVINE. Everyone hates the logo and the name change. It looks pretty cheesy. It was a hostile takeover. Shop's previous management got the boot and the folks that won were the on EVINE team.

BTW, I hate the name, the tacky logo and Kathy Levine's Hot Flashes. (Yikes!)

Honored Contributor

Moreover, I was just reading their FAQ's about the name change and all they kept repeating was the same mantra about what they plan to offer. There was never any real explanation about the change of name or why they picked the name they did...

Esteemed Contributor

I got it this morning. I wonder how many times this network is going to change its name and why it needs to bother doing that so often?

Honored Contributor

On 2/11/2015 GinaV24 said:

I got it this morning. I wonder how many times this network is going to change its name and why it needs to bother doing that so often?

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Well don't anticipate an answer... That was one of the questions they generated so they could theoretically generate an answer. They didn't. All they seem to want to do is pontificate about how new and different they are... At the end of the day, I've come to like HQ better and better, but home shopping is home shopping and I don't see any of them doing much that's innovative anymore... Moreover, it appears one of the 'big' changes is 'brands you don't see anywhere else', which, to me, translates into house brands... Been there, done that... Still, it is another alternative, so I'm more than willing to see where they go with it all...

Trusted Contributor

I'm sure not going to be happy if they do away with the brands I currently purchase for some new 'house' brands. Here's hoping that Skinn, One World, and the Three Amigos stick around!