Super Contributor

Disappointed in Jill's "sales pitch"

As Jill was presenting J317595, a linear Joan Rivers earring set, she made mention of some 14kt gold stick earrings that she recently presented that were similar and super popular. She raved about them at the time (I know as I bought them during her presentation) and tonight said they were "frankly kind of barely there". I understand it is her job to "sell" but there is simply no need to throw one product under the bus while presenting another one, especially one she was SO positive about just a week ago. Again, I understand this is a sales job and I am normally a big Jill fan but am disappointed on this one. Please QVC and hosts, treat your customers with respect and we'll do the same.
Super Contributor

Re: Disappointed in Jill's ""sales pitch""

I understand your feelings.

The QVC hosts are there to sell, they do what it takes to get the job done. It can be disappointing if a person feels they have 'bonded' to the host.

Super Contributor

They are all full of hot air.

Trusted Contributor

One of the hosts claimed that she personally owns 3 Clarisonics & then bought some as gifts....

Esteemed Contributor

Have heard that one before. I cannot stand when they say that they use every line of skincare & makeup they sell. I personally, don't care to wear 20 layers of serums, creams, moisturizers, correctors, coverups, enhancers, BB, CC, foundations, powder, no-look powder, etc.. I am left to wonder, so which line is it they use? Is it only the one they are selling at the moment? or the one that gave them a box of free samples?

Respected Contributor

Just go on the QVC studio tour. It will open your eyes to what really goes on in the background. There is a producer that sits above the sets and talks in their ears on how much they have sold. This is when, I believe, the hosts ramp up and start using their bag of tricks to sell more items. It really changed how I viewed QVC and their hosts.
Honored Contributor

all the hosts want to do is sell and they will say anything to catch your interest. Nothing new.

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

Recently (couple of weeks ago maybe?), Amy Strann posted a picture on her fb page of some cinnamon rolls she'd made, saying she "just HAD to have some cinnamon rolls" after "a bad week". Her husband and daughter had been sick... While she didn't say specifically what they were, they looked just like Pillsbury's cinnamon rolls from the tube... A couple of days later, David Venable posted on his fb page a picture of the same kind of cinnamon rolls, saying it was the perfect cold night for some cinnamon rolls!

Now, while I may be wrong, I have a sense that they were both coached to do a little subtle product placement. IF that is what was happening, and i think it was, I suddenly felt quite the yahoo for thinking their posts had anything to do with truly reaching out to "friends" on fb to "share".

Sell sell sell baby!

I do enjoy the Q's products and return policy, and I appreciate the hard work of the hosts! I just need to wake up to the "reality" of their job's focus. Sending love regardless, and at the worst I found this amusing. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

If they were coached for product placement, I would think they would be eating the Grandma's cinnamon coffee cakes at $40. they are always selling. We can all go to the store and buy the $2 rolls they were showing.

Regular Contributor

On 2/3/2015 sommertime said:

If they were coached for product placement, I would think they would be eating the Grandma's cinnamon coffee cakes at $40. they are always selling. We can all go to the store and buy the $2 rolls they were showing.

Maybe, but I tend to disagree. They already have their deals with the on-air vendors.