Frequent Contributor

I like jewelry as much as anyone, but almost 20 hours???

I haven't watched QVC as long as so many of you, so please forgive if I ask a question that has been asked before. This is going to be a LONG day of jewelry...has QVC run out of ideas for presenting a bigger variety of merchandise??? Some things that I haven't seen being sold...men's clothing, shirts, vests, sports coats.....children's clothing, after the recent explosion of Frozen clothing items, is it unrealistic to think there might be a market?? How about authors marketing their book, other than cookbooks, fiction or non- fiction, if Willie Nelson, the Beach Boys, etc. can sell CD's than certainly a best-selling author could have an interesting presentation. Surely, we could have a little more diversity to programming that doesn't include 20 + hours of one product.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: I like jewelry as much as anyone, but almost 20 hours???

Too much. I'll be watching other channels. I'm so over jewelry.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Super Contributor

I am not a jewelry person so I won't be watching today. I find that the Vitamix, Dyson, Wen, philosophy, Judith Ripka, bare minerals, etc. marathons are so boring. I know that there are people who like this and I'm glad for them. But, I have to say that I liked the q better when there was more diversity in programming.

Esteemed Contributor

It beats a presentation of Vitamix, Electronics, Dyson, Beds, any day!! At least every item is different, not the same one item for hours. Bring on the jewelry shows!!!

Super Contributor

More jewelry please!! Yes, Yes, YES!

Respected Contributor

My two cents worth comment is for some reason I am really enjoying watching all the different jewelry designs today. Some of them are really stunning to look at. If I was a lot younger and thought I had a lot of years to live I could do some serious damage to my savings.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know for certain, but didn't they do something similar last year too? Counter programming to the Super Bowl.

Super Contributor

There is some other live programming on QVC Plus. e.g. In the Kitchen With David should be on now.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/1/2015 Alter Ego said:

I don't know for certain, but didn't they do something similar last year too? Counter programming to the Super Bowl.

Yes the did. I enjoy all day jewelry shows.
Respected Contributor

I love it. The jewelry event shows are few and far between these days, and this happens to be one of the more interesting for me, since it features some really good designers.