Respected Contributor

Disappointed w/Michael Dawkins Show

I love his jewelry and enjoy him, but it seems that his prices have risen so high just like many other vendors. Was hoping for a reasonable OTO. Didn't happen. I will just appreciate what I bought for the last few years.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Disappointed w/Michael Dawkins Show

I agree with you. The OTO aren't values at all. I haven't seen one I'd consider wasting money on. The only true value I've seen from this designer gem day is the Barbara Bixby tsv ring.

Valued Contributor

Prices are too high for me this year. I do appreciate the fact that he does not use dmq, but I don't appreciate the price point of the group of items brought for this show.

Frequent Contributor

I was so excited he's final back on. I need to see a TSV from him. It seems the only designer who is ever on is JR, and her jewelry is too formal looking for me. I love his new cross hatch ring--need it in the amethyst. But like others, I often can't afford anything until its on clearance. I recently bought the ring they showed with 1/2 of it as pave spinel and half starry night--love it and wear it a lot!

Honored Contributor

Lots of pricey items, yes. But beautiful, also yes.

I'm into year 2 of no jewelry buying, but I love looking - especially at things I really, really, really do not need to break my determination not to buy. Interesting that I find it much easier to resist $800 items than $98 baubles!

Honored Contributor

Michael is no different than any of the other vendors. Look at the prices of Barbara, Judith and Jai. I think there could have been more easy pays. I believe that all the jewelry designers need to design to offer lower prices on more of their pieces.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Like Judith Ripka, this guy is WAY overpriced.

No thanks.

Hyacinth