Respected Contributor

WATCH COLLECTORS - - - FEBRUARY 2015

It's February. Time for a new thread! A warm welcome to all watch enthusiasts!

Jena, congrats on the Lady Zeus. Mine is en route from DJF as I type. Hope you like.

Trusted Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS - - - FEBRUARY 2015

Thx for the new thread. I forgot it was a new month already. Yes time does fly. I,m disappointed that I didn't get free shipping with my SHQ card. I guess they offer it twice a month and this didn't coincide. We got $41.94 off last time on a (15%) coupon too, so I'm paying more than I want to, even though it is on sale. Bummer. Yesterday when I was watching this LZ, they sold out. I thought well that's the end of that. A few hours later out of nowhere here comes 5 more.....are they playing games with us? The cancel button is still up.....??
Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

Watches come back because CCs can be rejected. It takes a while for those to come back in. Don't think it's a game. Or people change their mind. Some are returns. Mine was $287 when DJF got it and I was happy to get it. Don't know if he did the coupon or not. These are Swiss Made pieces. A good deal at $299. The non-Swiss Zeuses are going for $278. Please remember women happily paid $500 plus for the Swiss version. I hate to think of those people who paid $600 for a Non Swiss LZ.

Shop is holding shipping for this "event." No trick. They're not giving shipping away. They gave expedited shipping supposedly at regular price during the holidays. Now I think they are back to holding eyerything up to do volume shipping and less cost to them. Hence, the cancel button is still there.

On the 5th, they will feature Women's Watch Party hours. Wonder what the TTV is?

Respected Contributor

Jena: don't cancel. You will love that LZ in SS/GT and it's a great price. My friend has that color combo (but she didn't get the Swiss made like you did). It's a winner.

Java: I'm excited for you to get your LZ too. I'll be will become a go-to watch for you.

Trusted Contributor

Well, I was a bad girl last night. I ordered the Ripka 14K clad woven bracelet that was a OTO last night. I haven't bought any Ripka in a long time and I may not buy anything again. I think her jewelry is overpriced now, even given the designer name markup. But the woven bracelet in the combination matte/shiny texture is so beautiful. We will see what I think of it when it arrives. Assuming I still love it, that will be one less watch for me.

The Invicta women's Excursion is tempting to me (esp. red & purple). The Speedway with the amethysts is a bit tempting too. Once again, I'm wondering how many purple watches I can justify buying. {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Trusted Contributor

Aprimo, I see what you mean about the Ripka drawing you over vs another watch. I always wanted that Green Goddess 5 stone cuff (J284527) and it's so bothering me. I would go so well with my GG rings. (J293599 -J267585)The small seems to sell out first so many times and it's still there. Just because I could, I cancelled the LZ. I should walk away from the CPTR and TV and get busy. My c/c would so appreciate it. The problem is....we just have to have something and once we have it...it SITS in the box. Crazy.
Trusted Contributor

On 2/1/2015 jenagal said: Aprimo, I see what you mean about the Ripka drawing you over vs another watch. I always wanted that Green Goddess 5 stone cuff and it's so bothering me. I would go so well with my GG ring. The small seems to sell out first so many times and it's still there. Just because I could, I cancelled the LZ. I should walk away from the CPTR and TV and get busy. My c/c would so appreciate it. The problem is....we just have to have something and once we have it...it SITS in the box. Crazy.

Yes, that does bother me. It mostly happens to me just because I have enough watches and jewelry that I love and want to wear, that I can't wear any of them as often as I would like (in proportion to how much I love them). I don't know if I would feel less guilty about that if the money spent was less significant to me, or not. I might feel some guilt anyway for not giving enough attention to something I really love. Speaking of CRAZY... {#emotions_dlg.blushing} {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Good grief. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

BTW, let's not even go there with the handbags... {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Respected Contributor

On 2/1/2015 aprimo said:
On 2/1/2015 jenagal said: Aprimo, I see what you mean about the Ripka drawing you over vs another watch. I always wanted that Green Goddess 5 stone cuff and it's so bothering me. I would go so well with my GG ring. The small seems to sell out first so many times and it's still there. Just because I could, I cancelled the LZ. I should walk away from the CPTR and TV and get busy. My c/c would so appreciate it. The problem is....we just have to have something and once we have it...it SITS in the box. Crazy.

Yes, that does bother me. It mostly happens to me just because I have enough watches and jewelry that I love and want to wear, that I can't wear any of them as often as I would like (in proportion to how much I love them). I don't know if I would feel less guilty about that if the money spent was less significant to me, or not. I might feel some guilt anyway for not giving enough attention to something I really love. Speaking of CRAZY... {#emotions_dlg.blushing} {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Good grief. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

BTW, let's not even go there with the handbags... {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

We all have stuff that we love. Logic takes wing and flies out the window. Of course, we don't "need" any of it. LOL. I love watches and bags. Also, have a thing for rings. I also love tech. I don't think about it much. Just know that I don't spend like I used to. And there are always more than enough places for money. So enjoy what you have. If you find you're not using the other stuff and/or get bored, you weed the collection. If you sell things, then you are clearing space and getting a little money for something else.

Trusted Contributor

Java, I wish that I could weed out my excesses on eBay, like you. There are quite a few watches that would go. I have all the original boxes but I need to find someone here that can quide me through the process. I'm afraid that I would send the watch off and not get paid somehow or some imagined reason on the other end. Chicken, that's what I am...but good thought. Meanwhile I'm sitting here order free...........??
Trusted Contributor

On 2/1/2015 jenagal said: Java, I wish that I could weed out my excesses on eBay, like you. There are quite a few watches that would go. I have all the original boxes but I need to find someone here that can quide me through the process. I'm afraid that I would send the watch off and not get paid somehow or some imagined reason on the other end. Chicken, that's what I am...but good thought. Meanwhile I'm sitting here order free...........??

I've sold on eBay before, but I just don't want to deal with the hassle. My aunt makes some extra money selling items on eBay for other people. I need to bring her some of my handbags that I don't carry. She lives a few hours away though, so I never seem to get around to it.