Trusted Contributor

HSN's Today's Special Jewelry Box - Good Deal - No Tarnish Protection?

The TS Jewelry Box is nice and the price is nice for two, but it's not tarnish free. I have a lot of silver jewelry, so I need a tarnish free storing system, like I have with Lori Granier's.

Still a nice deal if you need to store fashion jewelry pieces. It's 2 for $39.95 with free shipping. (Why doesn't QVC have more free shipping??).

Joy Mangano Jewel Kit 2-Tier Jewelry Box BUY 1 GET 1

Respected Contributor

Re: HSN's Today's Special Jewelry Box - Good Deal - No Tarnish Protection?

If these boxes had tarnish protection, they would be an awesome deal.

Honored Contributor

love these storage boxes and own six of them. they are very versatile and can be used for many different things other than jewelry. my daughter uses them for bead and craft storage. i do store costume jewelry, silver jewelry, gold jewelry, and my readers in them. i usually put the little black strips or the small black squares into them that help prevent tarnishing. i like how you can customize the sections.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

I ordered them, I am giving one to my daughter.

Jessa
Trusted Contributor

I read where you can put a piece of chalk or those silica packs in to keep your silver from tarnishing.

Jessa
Honored Contributor

I also was going to order but not having tarnish protection is a deal breaker for me. I guess they're good if you want to use them for something else. I wonder why she would make it without the tarnish protection?

Honored Contributor

On 1/24/2015 JESSA said:

I read where you can put a piece of chalk or those silica packs in to keep your silver from tarnishing.

i have never heard that jessa.....interesting.

i have saved so many of those little black papers from qvc and hsn i just throw them into my jewelry boxes and they seem to work. you can also find them on ebay and they are very inexpensive.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
New Contributor

We saw them and are still thinking of ordering them today. I have The Joan Rivers hanging one with pockets and frankly have not used it because I am not sure how jewelry works on the plastic pocket holders. I still have things in boxes and pouches. Not the best but I feel safe with them each covered and protected. Any thoughts? Honora pearls? And for good pieces like real gem jewels what would anyone think? Also for the rose, silver, and gold Bronzo they sell here? Hate spending money and not using all these items..Thanks...

Trusted Contributor

n/m

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Honored Contributor

On 1/24/2015 Suzykins said:

We saw them and are still thinking of ordering them today. I have The Joan Rivers hanging one with pockets and frankly have not used it because I am not sure how jewelry works on the plastic pocket holders. I still have things in boxes and pouches. Not the best but I feel safe with them each covered and protected. Any thoughts? Honora pearls? And for good pieces like real gem jewels what would anyone think? Also for the rose, silver, and gold Bronzo they sell here? Hate spending money and not using all these items..Thanks...

Hi Suzykins -- I have the Joan Rivers hanging jewelry organizer with pockets and here's how I use it. Since gold and even costume jewelry can tarnish with time, I put one item in a small plastic zip-bag and then put the small plastic bag in the pocket in the organizer. You can find the Mini Storage Bags item number 303316 on mileskimball dot com http://www.mileskimball.com/buy-mini-storage-bags-303316?icmp=search
Just being able to see my jewelry enables me to use it more! If you receive the small black anti-tarnish square with your jewelry item, add the square to your Mini Storage Bag for added anti-tarnish protection. Good luck, EEL