Super Contributor

CALIFORNIA GOLD RUSH…Anybody watching/shopping?

Surprised to see Mary Beth now the new host to kick off these gold events. It was always Lisa and I haven't been watching too many of these to see it being anyone other than Lisa. She just made you want to buy something and made everything look awesome. Not sure if Mary Beth will have the same effect. In my opinion, the hosts sometimes do make or break a sale for me. Especially seeing pieces on their skin tone and how they style certain items (gold jewelry looks best with some color on your skin). Again, Mary Beth looks nice this evening but certainly not like Lisa would when she would dress up in gorgeous gowns and all. Wonder if MB will be back to close out the Cali event too?

Have checked the entire line up on dot com and absolutely nothing has caught my attention! Nada!! Wow! Can't say I've ever felt that way before. Usually something speaks to me but 24 hours of jewelry sure beats seeing more computers, bedding & vacuums that Q seems to be obsessed with these days!

Funny how Q can fill up 24 hours of Gold jewelry but when it comes to Silver Bonanza & Creede Day, they scale way back on how many hours it airs! And silver is more affordable; doesn't make sense.

Right out of the gate, first item up was a ring and Mary Beth said it has an advanced sale with a ship date in April! Ugh! Here we go with all advanced orders. Again, another reason to not be interested today. If I see a piece I like, I would like it for immediate delivery, otherwise don't bother showing it until it can ship!

Contributor

Re: CALIFORNIA GOLD RUSH…Anybody watching/shopping?

Mary Beth was always the host for gold shows before the Q became the Lisa R Network. I am sure Mary Beth will do amazing job and I am looking forward to not having to hear the words "moneyed" 'Madison Ave," and "upper East side" every other minute!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

I'm with you, Trailblazer, and didn't see one darn piece that peaked my interest. As far as MB goes, I don't often get to see her, so it's nice to see her friendly face.

Valued Contributor

I probably won't be buying anything but truly grateful to watch jewelry as opposed to vacuums, cameras, beds, etc. And I am enjoying Mary Beth host the kick off. Rick has done it so many times and he can get very annoying as he gets so hyped up.

Contributor

Same old boring selection of stuff - Byzantine, rope chain, ugh. I like to watch ShopHQ, they have a really interesting variety of jewelry.
Trusted Contributor

If anyone cares or remembers, Mary Beth went to Italy before Lisa ever did! I think Lisa's chance came when Mary Beth was pregnant.

She looks great and it is pleasure to not hear about the absolutely, absolutely, amazing, amazing, stunning, stunning merch.

Oh, and Mary Beth does not look like a sweet potato.

Super Contributor

Yes, yes, yes...I agree!! Seeing Mary Beth definitely was a welcome change and not hearing the same worn out double adjectives and all the Madison Ave. talk ad nauseam is a nice break too. The show just doesn't seem as interesting and the excitement of wanting to shop doesn't seem to be there. And never thought about Rick kicking the day off. Thank goodness that is not the case. I like Rick but he can get very annoying within minutes.

As we all agree watching all day jewelry is one thousand times better than watching electronics, kitchen mixers, Dyson's and mattresses! Wish Q would get back to what put them on the map to begin with and that was JEWELRY!! Seems so rare these days to see a jewelry show other than these usual annual events. The majority of shoppers are women and women want to see jewelry! Enough of all that other stuff Q.

Valued Contributor

I like Mary Beth's calm demeanor but there's something about her voice? regional accent, or breathlessness that's unpleasant to me.

Super Contributor

On 1/22/2015 alarmclock said:

If anyone cares or remembers, Mary Beth went to Italy before Lisa ever did! I think Lisa's chance came when Mary Beth was pregnant.

She looks great and it is pleasure to not hear about the absolutely, absolutely, amazing, amazing, stunning, stunning merch.

Oh, and Mary Beth does not look like a sweet potato.

OMG! Your comment (sweet potato) just made me laugh out loud!! Thank goodness I wasn't drinking anything! Yes, some hosts' skin does/did look like that sometimes.

Never knew Mary Beth was the one to go to Italy before Lisa. That's awesome to hear!! I'm so hoping if Q continues with that gig, Mary Beth gets that opportunity again or if not her then Antonella; a true Italian. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Without mentioning names, I sure hope it is NOT 2 particular hosts who do a lot of jewelry shows in the overnights. As much as I LOVE the Italy events, I would never watch it again. One stumbles with every sentence and the other one just tries too hard to be "liked" at Q and to me comes across very phony.

Trusted Contributor

Oh, yes. They need to get back to basics. If it's not broken, don't fix it!!

They just had the all day gardening and for me, it was not of interest. I'm sure many people liked it but for that day, they lost me.

Right now, QVC is rebuilding and it is going to take some time to change things at QVC and in our homes. So many people are so fed up with the same old, same old.

So far, the items Mary Beth is selling are "new" but to my eye, something is off. I think QVC is buying more basic (boring/safe) items and what they need to do is buy a smaller quantity of more unusual items. Trust me, QVC! The unusual stuff will sell out!!!