Regular Contributor

That Byzantine price is crazy!!

I saw the TSV for the bracelet, do they really think we can ALL afford 150.00 a month for 6 months??

Couldn't they have picked something a little less "Pricy" for the TSV?

Wow hope they can sell them all and don't get them back before the second payment is due!

Respected Contributor

Re: That Byzantine price is crazy!!

Is this solid gold? Last year didn't they have a piece of bronzo or something like it?

There have been so many threads about offering something in "real" gold, not plated not full of silicone, that maybe they are just trying to please those who want the real thing.

Frequent Contributor

Stopped reading after I saw the word hollow and deleted the email.
Super Contributor

I don't plan on buying anything on Gold Day, esp. for THAT price! I just bought a few pieces from HSN's gem day earlier this week. That's enough damage on my credit card......

Honored Contributor

At these ridiculous prices and over the top shipping fees, I would rather buy Technibond. I have some beautiful gold pieces from early 2000's from SHQ, terrific deals on gold back then, and they always had the best selection.

Honored Contributor

I believe all Byzantines are hollow.

Honored Contributor

I thought byzantines were made of wires intertwined. Would the wires be hollow? They look too skinny to be *tubes*.

Either way a byzantine rolo is like a hamburger shaped hot dog. Weird.....

Trusted Contributor

Oh, yeah. Right now, right after the holidays with bills coming in and taxes due, people can really afford an $800 to $900 item.

Brilliant decision, QVC. And you have the audacity to wonder what the problem is.

Respected Contributor

Yes, it's expensive for 15g of 14K (a whopping $1650 per troy oz for 14K which according to my calculation is $3437.5 per troy ounce for 24K and current market value is $1296 {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}). The Q is still pricing items by the inflated gold prices of 2012. And IMO making a Byzantine into a rolo isn't attractive at all. Too busy looking for my taste. Jennifer Coffey called the style "energetic". LOL

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Valued Contributor

I am so glad that I bought my gold jewelry many years ago, when the quality could be better. I have a beautiful ankle bracelet I ordered from QVC several years ago, and it is my favorite piece.