Trusted Contributor

Why doesn't the Q have the gold shows ...

on the weekend? The last time they had gold it was also during the week. I wish they would have these special events on weekends instead of vacuums, blenders, etc. I am so totally bored with the Q lately. I could actually get excited to watch gold but I have to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Why doesn't the Q have the gold shows ...

OMG - have you seen the Gold Rush TSV??!! How many THOUSANDS of dollars are they trying to sell this bracelet for??!! The matching necklace is a mere $2339.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They're joking right??!!

These gold prices are enough to not have gold shows like they used to. I realize the price of gold has increased but NO ONE can afford what they offer here. They're certainly not luring in anybody to buy gold here.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/22/2015 NYCGRL said:

on the weekend? The last time they had gold it was also during the week. I wish they would have these special events on weekends instead of vacuums, blenders, etc. I am so totally bored with the Q lately. I could actually get excited to watch gold but I have to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because the other stuff sells more and that's where they've chosen to place their focus. It's annoying as all get-out.

Honored Contributor

Oh my dear, could you POSSIBLY be suggesting that the Q allocate their precious weekend moments to anything OTHER than a computer, vacuum or blender...? Why, I'm afraid that's just unheard of. Well, it's just NOT done...

Wink

For the same reason, whatever it might be, that they ALWAYS program anything of even REMOTE interest for the weekdays and save the weekends for the same stale stuff over and over and over again...

One of the many reasons I hardly watch at all anymore.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 1/22/2015 pink dogwood said:

OMG - have you seen the Gold Rush TSV??!! How many THOUSANDS of dollars are they trying to sell this bracelet for??!! The matching necklace is a mere $2339.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They're joking right??!!

These gold prices are enough to not have gold shows like they used to. I realize the price of gold has increased but NO ONE can afford what they offer here. They're certainly not luring in anybody to buy gold here.

At least it isn't a vacuum, mattress, computer, tv, beauty products, hair products, or one of the other same dozen items they show week after week after week after week.

Honored Contributor

On 1/22/2015 stevieb said:

Oh my dear, could you POSSIBLY be suggesting that the Q allocate their precious weekend moments to anything OTHER than a computer, vacuum or blender...? Why, I'm afraid that's just unheard of. Well, it's just NOT done...

Wink

For the same reason, whatever it might be, that they ALWAYS program anything of even REMOTE interest for the weekdays and save the weekends for the same stale stuff over and over and over again...

One of the many reasons I hardly watch at all anymore.

same here.

Honored Contributor

Certain people are always saying I wish they would bring back the expensive stuff they used to sell. Well, have at it, ladies.

Another thought: I think they figure husbands play a big part in the selection of mattresses and computers, that's why the weekends are chock full of pretty boring stuff.

Valued Contributor

What I find interesting is the California Gold Rush in the past was always on January 24. And they said it was always on this day because that is when gold was discovered in California. And the Klondike Gold Rush was on August 17. But now they schedule the day near the date but not necessarily on the date.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/22/2015 CalmInTheHeart said:
On 1/22/2015 pink dogwood said:

They're joking right??!!

At least it isn't a vacuum, mattress, computer, tv, beauty products, hair products, or one of the other same dozen items they show week after week after week after week.

or Bose -- AGAIN.

Honored Contributor

Yes, it was always on 1/24 and 8/17 religiously, regardless of the day of the week.