Super Contributor

So...they would rather you return an item instead of a price adjustment???

Okay, I'm still scratching my head. I was looking at stuff I had ordered during the past few months and noticed a silver bracelet I had ordered is now on clearance for $47 cheaper. So...I figured since it fell within the holiday return policy, I would call customer service and get a price adjustment. NOPE!! I was told by a customer service rep and also that person's supervisor that there is no way they can make this adjustment in their system. I would have to return the item and re-purchase. Okey dokey. I am really miffed at this and will definitely be returning this item and NOT re-purchasing. I may just return everything I purchased during the holiday return policy.

Honored Contributor

Re: So...they would rather you return an item instead of a price adjustment???

This has always bugged me about the Q. I have called for an adjustment when an item I ordered at the higher price hadn't even arrived at my home, yet was later offered at a lower price, and they gave me a hard time. They have given me the adjustment as a "one time courtesy" on several occasions.

Respected Contributor

The only time this ever happened to me was with a Linea sweater last fall. I purchased it and then a few weeks later it was on air with a new lower price. I did not want to bother with the whole return/adjustment deal, so didn't do anything, didn't call, etc.

Later I had an email from CS that they noticed the item was at a new lower price and credited my account the difference. Amazing.

Honored Contributor

if the price adjustment is within the 30 days they will do it. they will NOT do it if it is within the holiday return period. a few years ago i had the same problem and i ended up purchasing a new one and returning the more expensive one. it is a bit of a pain, but i would rather have the sale price. some brick and mortar stores make you do this also.....and you must have the tags attached/sales receipt. you have to physically return the item, get a refund, and then purchase it again at the lower price.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I have the same problem and it bothers me also!
Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Super Contributor

On 1/19/2015 sunshine45 said:

if the price adjustment is within the 30 days they will do it. they will NOT do it if it is within the holiday return period. a few years ago i had the same problem and i ended up purchasing a new one and returning the more expensive one. it is a bit of a pain, but i would rather have the sale price. some brick and mortar stores make you do this also.....and you must have the tags attached/sales receipt. you have to physically return the item, get a refund, and then purchase it again at the lower price.

It just doesn't make any sense to me. I buy A LOT from the Q and if they can't do a price adjustment for during the holiday return policy - maybe they should learn how. I had purchase some slippers (for hubby) around October from Nordstrom's. They were on sale, but when Christmas arrived they were too small for him. The price had gone back up in the meantime, but Nordstrom's honored the sale price and shipped a new pair in the next size up with no problem whatsoever. Also, since Nordstrom's offers free shipping - it cost nothing to send back. Anyhoo, this just didn't settle well with me as do other things lately with QVC.

Super Contributor

On 1/19/2015 hsawaknow said: I have the same problem and it bothers me also!

Thanks. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this is ridiculous.

Valued Contributor

I've had same sad experience. It would make sense to at least consider some kind of Q credit if not an actual refund. Try shopping at HS- they bend over backwards to DO for customers. I've had 2 recent positive results with them. (uh oh --- hope this doesn't get caught by the Poof Faerie!)
Respected Contributor

kahootz: They only guarantee the price for 30 days. If they changed the policy for you, they'd have to do it for everyone. I think it was good to call and try, though.

Super Contributor

On 1/19/2015 beautty said: I've had same sad experience. It would make sense to at least consider some kind of Q credit if not an actual refund. Try shopping at HS- they bend over backwards to DO for customers. I've had 2 recent positive results with them. (uh oh --- hope this doesn't get caught by the Poof Faerie!)

I wouldn't even mind if they just gave you "in store" spend ability towards future purchases, but to just say "Send it back are re-purchase" is not too smart on their part.