Honored Contributor

14k yellow gold 4-6 ct citrine ring

I have been looking for a nice 14k citrine ring. I want a somewhat large gemstone, 4-6 carats. Not madeira citrine. Not washed out citrine. I want a decent amount of gold in the setting. Nothing gawdy or flowery. Just a simple stone in a good gold setting.

I see one by BHG at Shop. It's gorgeous but I think the stone is just a little too big. I like big stones but this one looks very large.

I've checked Q, H, Ross Simons, and all kinds of places and see a few I like.

Have you seen any nice ones that might be what I'm after?

Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: 14k yellow gold 4-6 ct citrine ring

I prefer to go to a jewerly store to buy any high-end pieces.

Years ago, I bought a ring from a home shopping network. The color of the stone was so deep and pretty but when I got mine it was washed out. Not at all like I thought I was ordering.

When I spend that kind of money, I want to see it in person.

Honored Contributor

On 1/16/2015 Sister Golden Hair said:

I prefer to go to a jewerly store to buy any high-end pieces.

Years ago, I bought a ring from a home shopping network. The color of the stone was so deep and pretty but when I got mine it was washed out. Not at all like I thought I was ordering.

When I spend that kind of money, I want to see it in person.

Hi! I already tried the local route.

Honored Contributor

I can't help you, but just wanted to wish you good luck. I love citrine and seem to be finding it a challenge to find a nice piece. I've been looking for a ring as a gift for my mother and unable to find anything acceptable, even in silver. Some friends own a jewelry store and I've been asking them for over a year to bring back some citrine rings from one of their several annual buying trips. So far, they've offered up pretty much nothing other than variations of quartz... It's not the same. I'm also finding very few appealing more traditional deeper red garnet options, another gemstone I love. In the way of more traditional semi-precious stones, it seems that if you aren't in the market for blue topaz or amethyst you're out of luck. Of course, there appear to be plenty of 'junk' gemstones and of the less traditional gemstones to go around.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

Overstockdotcom had a large selection of citrine last time I was shopping there, hopefully they have something you're looking for. Smile

I agree with Stevieb and would add, quality is suffering also with all of the fast-paced mass production from the various online jewelry retailers. A good 70 percent of my jewelry purchases last year had to be returned for poor manufacturing and quality issues. That's unacceptable.

Honored Contributor

Good luck finding that. I haven't seen a ring of that description (one that I was willing to buy, that is) for years and years. I have a beautiful citrine set in 18k from more than 40 years ago and there's no way I would spend what that ring would cost today.

Your post reminded me that I haven't worn it for a long time - and I thank you for tickling my memory! Going to wear it next week!

Contributor

Overstock.com; Blue Nile; Etsy; JTV might have something for you too. Years ago QVC carried...I think it was called Rio Grande citrine. It was really gorgeous and I had a 5 ct ring in 14K..but oddly enough...I've just lost track of some of my jewelry..probably from being a Q shopper since 1989...I think I bought too much over the years. Good luck in your search. Could you post if you find something? I'd be interested to know.

Not applicable

I think my jewelry store charges 35.00 to switch a pair of silver earrings from shepherd's hook to leverbacks.

this website

Trusted Contributor

Here are some great sources for citrine rings: Lagos, Bluenile; Von Bargen's, Pearlman's Jewelry, Borsheim's, and of course, Tiffany and Co. In fact, Tiffany & Co, has a beautiful 6 carat citrine in Paloma Picasso's Olive Collection. The stone is a cabochon and quite beautiful. The gold looks great as the ring has olive vines extending slightly on the cabochon. It's priced at $925.00. Also, Pomellato has stunning colored gemstone jewelry but pricey.

Honored Contributor

On 1/22/2015 Clarea said:

I think my jewelry store charges 35.00 to switch a pair of silver earrings from shepherd's hook to leverbacks.

this website

You can buy leverbacks from jeweler's supply outlets and with a $4 jeweler's pilar from Walmart change them out yourself. When sterling got too expensive, I started using silver plated because I have dozens of earrings. I can change out a pair in less than 30 seconds. Gems en Vogue on ShopHQ has the best citrine I've seen on TV but many of the stones are rather large. He uses beautiful, substantial settings.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment