Respected Contributor

WATCH COLLECTORS - - - JANUARY 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Time flies.

A warm welcome to watch enthusiasts--whether you are a collector or just have a new watch you want to share.

Of course, if you have questions, we will love to help, because we love learning about watches. Not to mention a good sale price!

Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS - - - JANUARY 2015

Happy New Year! Well, my SL Throttle came yesterday and I love it! It's substantial but not as bulky as I had expected. Mostly, it's the thickness of it that I'll be adjusting to. This is by far the largest watch I've ever had. The trend seems to be that ladies' watches are getting bigger all the time, which suits me just fine because my aging eyes are getting dimmer all the time! LOL May 2015 be a wonderful year to you ladies!
Respected Contributor

Java: thanks for starting the new thread.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL. Wishing you health and happiness and lots of watch treasures.

TM: That's great news regarding the Throttle. Really fast delivery and I'm glad it's a winner. You will get used to the larger size very quickly. Once the watch is made to fit your wrist and you start wearing it, it takes just a few hours and then you forget it's there. Then going back to smaller watches seems strange. Of course we each have found a maximum watch size that we are comfortable wearing....for me it's 42mm, but I much prefer 35-38mm watches. But that doesn't stop me from buying 40mm and even 42mm if I love the style. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

I'm going to bet that someone else will check out the ceramic Throttle based on your comments. That is how we find our next watch treasure. Smile

Frequent Contributor

Just popping in to say Happy New Year to all the watch lovers!

Wishing you all health, happiness, and of course a few new watches in the new year!

I'm watching some of the watch shows, but I've still got several to size (LZ, scuba, etc), so just window shopping. Also got BF a new strap for a watch I gave him years ago, so I need to get that put on.

Welcome Texasmouse!

Respected Contributor

Thanks, Jazzy! LJ, I know I'm going to love the Throttle and it won't take long to get used to the feel of it on my wrist. Now I just have to find someone who can take almost 3" off the bracelet! Any idea what they charge out there to take out ceramic links?
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all.

TM, glad you love your Throttle.

Cancel button has been snatched, so the "Cheus" is on its way. (LZSmiley Wink Enjoy your day.

Trusted Contributor

Wishing you all a healthy, happy, watch filled 2015!!! I am so grateful I discovered this thread of wonderful, supportive (and enabling{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}!) women. Thank you for making everyone feel welcome and sharing your knowledge.

Jena you have me very interested in the Bella and found it on Amazon for $69 in ss. The only thing keeping me from pushing the checkout button is I am afraid it might be too long at 38mm for me. We'll see what the day brings!!

Respected Contributor

TM: there is no standard price to size a bracelet... it's what the market will bear. Usually a small private jeweler will be more reasonable.... they understand that service gets them customers and they want you to come back. A kiosk in the mall is probably the most expensive place, followed by chain jewelers. But of course it will vary depending upon your area. I would say that $10 - 15 is reasonable to size a ceramic watch.

Not every jeweler will do it.... it's not hard, but it takes some skill and jewelers sometimes are afraid they will break a link and they don't want to be responsive. Ceramic can chip it you hit it wrong. Also ceramic watches usually have a pin and collar system for the bracelets. It's easy to get them taken apart, but putting them back together requires putting the pin in the link, then the collar and tapping the collar into place to hold the link together. The collars are tiny, tiny, tiny metal tubes, and are easy to crimp. If the collar isn't seated properly, it won't stay in place. Luckily you will have lots of spare links, pins and collars since you need so much shortened. So you should be just fine.

If you can find a jeweler who sells ceramic watches or has a watch department, that might be a place to start.

Respected Contributor

Thank you for your help, LJ. As always, your posts are so informative. Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

Thank you for your help, LJ. As always, your posts are so informative. Smiley Happy