Valued Contributor

In my experience no matter the price, magnetic bracelets will fall off. A well design toggle clasp or lobster claw is best. If the magnetic bracelet falls off just one time, change the clasp. Are designer doing this to save money or does it cause more to use a magnetic clasp?

Valued Contributor

I agree! Everytime I wear one, it falls off. I have only lost one bracelet but will not buy any more with magnetic clasps.

Honored Contributor

I agree too - they get too banged around. I do wear necklaces with magnetic clasps that work well, but I have a san marco bracelet with one and it is always coming off.

Honored Contributor

Saving money has nothing to do with it. Older customers have trouble putting bracelets on. I have an old panther head clasp bracelet that I CANNOT get on. I have given up. There is a snake chain stainless steel bracelet that is the best magnetic bracelet I own. You do have to be a little more careful.

Valued Contributor

AND, they become demagnetized for whatever reason. I have taken bracelets out of boxes and jewelry cases and the magnets no longer worked or the glue that holds the magnets comes off or the worst is: I was trapped in my car because I had three Veronese bracelets on one wrist and reached to release my seat belt and they immediately stuck to the release section and I couldn't reach with my other hand because the seat belt was holding me back. I had to call for help to undo. After that fiasco I will never wear a necklace with a magnetic closure; I envision strangulation by magnets on the coroner's report and my demise going viral. Hopefully there will be no pictures released as proof of death!! I'll stick to old tried and true claw clasps and with my bracelet buddy never have a problem putting bracelets and necklaces on and off. This is a true story. I had left my drs. office and was in a parking garage.{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Super Contributor

I will not purchase magnetic jewelry anymore. Some of them are difficult to open and the tugging required will also eventually weaken or break the bracelet. I have also had the magnet on an enhancer literally crumble into pieces. This was one of the Q's ""jewelry quality"" magnets.

Regular Contributor
This really happened. I was wearing an expensive magnetic gold bracelet one day. I went to my PCP for a check-up and needed to slip my arm out of the sleeve for him to take my blood pressure. I drove back to work and sat down at my desk and suddenly realized my bracelet was gone!! I retraced my steps out to the parking lot and searched my car. No luck. I was so unhappy. Went home and later that night undressed to take a shower. My bracelet fell out of my bra! I couldn't stop laughing. I was relieved but then I thought...how large do you have to be before you can't feel you're carrying around something in your bra? Bizarre.
Respected Contributor
Happy Lady - some story! I've worn Hagit Gorali's pods bracelet without a problem. It's magnet is magnificent. Enclosed, easy on, never opened up by itself.
Valued Contributor
On 12/16/2014 Tenners said: This really happened. I was wearing an expensive magnetic gold bracelet one day. I went to my PCP for a check-up and needed to slip my arm out of the sleeve for him to take my blood pressure. I drove back to work and sat down at my desk and suddenly realized my bracelet was gone!! I retraced my steps out to the parking lot and searched my car. No luck. I was so unhappy. Went home and later that night undressed to take a shower. My bracelet fell out of my bra! I couldn't stop laughing. I was relieved but then I thought...how large do you have to be before you can't feel you're carrying around something in your bra? Bizarre.

Tenners, guess we are lucky!! You didn't lose your bracelet and I didn't kick the bucket in my car. Many of us use our bras for Kleenex storage in the summer but never heard of jewelry storage. Too funny!!{#emotions_dlg.lol} No one ever told me wearing jewelry could be dangerous. QVC should at least post a warning. When my doctor's. assistant went to take my blood pressure, the day of my entrapment, her blood pressure device stuck to my bracelets and she said "Would you look at that!" and we both starting laughing loudly. Never again 3 magnetic bracelets at a time. Item #J152858 (an auto delivery bracelets).

Regular Contributor
On 12/16/2014 HAPPY LADY said:
On 12/16/2014 Tenners said: This really happened. I was wearing an expensive magnetic gold bracelet one day. I went to my PCP for a check-up and needed to slip my arm out of the sleeve for him to take my blood pressure. I drove back to work and sat down at my desk and suddenly realized my bracelet was gone!! I retraced my steps out to the parking lot and searched my car. No luck. I was so unhappy. Went home and later that night undressed to take a shower. My bracelet fell out of my bra! I couldn't stop laughing. I was relieved but then I thought...how large do you have to be before you can't feel you're carrying around something in your bra? Bizarre.

Tenners, guess we are lucky!! You didn't lose your bracelet and I didn't kick the bucket in my car. Many of us use our bras for Kleenex storage in the summer but never heard of jewelry storage. Too funny!!{#emotions_dlg.lol} No one ever told me wearing jewelry could be dangerous. QVC should at least post a warning. When my doctor's. assistant went to take my blood pressure, the day of my entrapment, her blood pressure device stuck to my bracelets and she said "Would you look at that!" and we both starting laughing loudly. Never again 3 magnetic bracelets at a time. Item #J152858 (an auto delivery bracelets).

Just goes to show you, you never can predict what strange predicament a person can get into without even trying! I'm glad you didn't bite the dust in your car too. Life is so surprising some days!