Occasional Contributor

Scott Kay Jewelry Designs coming to QVC on February 1st

Just got the insider and Scott Kay is coming to QVC on February 1st. Barbara Bixby will have a TSV. Something new for all of the jewelry fans on the forum.

Honored Contributor

Re: Scott Kay Jewelry Designs coming to QVC on February 1st

Scott Kay ?

Valued Contributor

Yes, who is Scott Kay?

Honored Contributor

He's a designer whose work is very much like John Hardy's. It's expensive...I'm sure they "dumb" it down for Q customers just like they did Hardy's. Remember our dear poster, Fluffy? She was a big fan. I'm kind of bored with that Balinese-looking jewelry.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

thanks so much for the info luvgems Smiley Happy

did it say bixby's tsv is on Feb 1st? Or just Scott Kay is on the 1st?

was there any pictures of the Bixby tsv?

Super Contributor

Hmmm. He just passed away.

Super Contributor

<h1 class="entry-title" style="color: #111111; font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', 'Trebuchet MS'; font-weight: normal; margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; font-size: 22px; line-height: 26px;"> Jewelry Designer Scott Kay Dies at 57</h1>

Scott KayScott Kay, the founder of a large fashion and bridal jewelry business, died on December 4 of a heart attack.

Kay was raised in Brooklyn, NY and learned the jewelry trade at FIT. He launched his business in 1984, and became known later for his focus on platinum. He developed a large celebrity following among both men and women for his fashion jewelry, and a made a big name for himself in the bridal business. Kay was also well known for his men’s rings, cufflinks and bracelets.

“While we are heartbroken for this loss, Scott lived a fulfilling life,” his wife and three children wrote in a statement on the Scott Kay website. “He was and always will be a loving husband, and championing father and an incredible talented artist whose creativity touched the lives of many. We are comforted in knowing Scott will continue to be with us forever, through his larger than life spirit.”

The family vowed to continue the business. “We will honor Scott by continuing to nurture the family he loved and to enrich the legacy he built. As Scott would have wanted, we will forge on with passion, zest, a sense of humor and the stubbornness to ensure that we ‘never compromise.’”

Services were held at Nanuet Hebrew Center in New York City on Sunday December 7.

Respected Contributor

Oh boy. I have six pieces from his Faith collection. I can't imagine any line that is done for QVC being up to the standards of what is sold on his website and through retail jewelers. I also did not know he died. What a loss. He was a true artist.

Super Contributor

Scott Kay can found regularly at TJ Maxx.

Contributor

OMG! I did not know that he died..... I am so sad... He was only 57...