Esteemed Contributor

Question for Honora pearl owners on the color "cherry"

Is this color a true red or more of a burgundy? TIA!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Question for Honora pearl owners on the color ""cherry""

It's more burgundy.
Frequent Contributor

To me it is not close to burgandy. Neither is it fire engine red. Cherry red is not a bad description. I have an older pair though. Could be the new studs could look different. I ordered 4 pairs of them but not the cherry because my complexion tends towars ruddy and I don't need red by my face.
Respected Contributor

I'd say burgundy.... not cherry red.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, ladies -- I appreciate your responses. Trying to decide which TSV earring colors to purchase but I'm leery of them being too bright.

Frequent Contributor

I ordered powder blue, white, orchid, and chocolate. Only the blue have arrived but they are teal.
Super Contributor

On 11/19/2014 Sammycat1 said:

Thanks, ladies -- I appreciate your responses. Trying to decide which TSV earring colors to purchase but I'm leery of them being too bright.

I find Honora color names to be more of a general "in the area of" rather than being very as specific as pantone colors. I bought a couple of items that were called indigo, and they didn't match in the slightest. It's like buying yarn to knit a sweater, it only matches if you get the exact same dye lot. I wouldn't be surprised if one customer got burgundy cherry and another got tomato cherry.

Esteemed Contributor

Mine is burgundy. I have earrings and a strand of pearls. I did not get them recently, so things could have changed.

Honored Contributor

I received three pairs of the earrings yesterday. Cherry, green and orchid. Love them all.

The cherry to me looks more like a cranberry color- like whole cranberries. It's not as deep as burgundy or wine. They're very pretty.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Valued Contributor

I am going to get cherry for me and white for each of my daughters and then one of each color for gifts. I have a white pair in 11 mm and they are beautiful. Can't go wrong with the price.

Beckyblu