Trusted Contributor

Not Many Jewelry Shows On the Schedule

Seems odd this time of year that there aren't very many jewelry shows on. I see a lot of "Great Gift" shows on the schedule (with a lot of junk being shown) but not very many jewelry related shows for this time of year.

I usually turn on QVC to watch jewelry related programs, but haven't really been watching because of the lack of them.

I always thought jewelry was some of the top selling items on the Q.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Not Many Jewelry Shows On the Schedule

Sad, Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

To be honest, I think the majority of the jewelry on the shopping channels is sub-par......with gold being so high, they just don't offer much because no one would buy it at the prices they would have to charge to make the kind of profit they need to make to keep stockholders happy and stay in business.

Honored Contributor

They used to do a lot of last minute jewelry shows before the various holidays with guaranteed in time delivery for the impulsive procrastinators among us. I think that backfired because a lot of stuff didn't get there in time.

Super Contributor

It's the same every year. Presumably QVC have crunched the numbers and they know it's not a winner for them to push jewelry at this time. I suspect that people don't tend to buy much jewelry as gifts (it's a very personal thing, what one person likes, another may hate), but that more women get gift cards or money for Christmas and then buy jewelry for themselves in January.

Respected Contributor

There was a qvc poll a little while back asking what customers were most interested in buying. Jewelry was low in the poll, after makeup and pocketbooks! And others, maybe. I put jewelry first, because what I like are the unique pieces. I don't wear makeup and I have enough pocketbooks!
Esteemed Contributor

It seems that it's customary for QVC to load the majority of the holiday jewelry shows in December. They usually have jewelry gifts right up to a couple of days before Christmas Eve. Frequently they offer upgrade delivery at reduced/or no charge for jewelry (something they should do everyday for their higher priced designer lines).

The early shows are primarily kitchen, food, electronics, computers, decor, and one can't have too many DysonsWink.

Honored Contributor

It seems there never are anymore, especially at Christmas... They keep directing us to the website, I guess so they can keep inundating the TV audience with the same stale stuff they've been pushing out there for the past three months, well, actually, for the past three Christmas seasons... at least.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...