Respected Contributor

WATCH COLLECTORS---NOVEMBER 2014

It's November 1. Time for a new thread.

Also, this month we gain an hour when we turn back the clocks November 2. It's a great occasion to get a new watch. Or maybe just look over the collection.

A warm welcome to all watch lovers!

Trusted Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS---NOVEMBER 2014

I used the ShopHQ coupon as an excuse a couple of days ago. I've recently found myself wishing I had a watch with a burgundy/maroon dial. I've been looking at the new Android Star Halo with the MOP dial. My budget freed up a bit recently and the coupon pushed me over the edge. Can't wait for it to come in the mail!

And the temperature in Houston got into the 40s last night and will stay below 70 today! I love November!!

Respected Contributor

Hi aprimo,

Hope you love your new watch! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Java: thanks for starting the new thread.

Aprimo: congratulations on the new watch.

Respected Contributor

Invicta shows are on this Saturday night. Three hours worth on shop. They have a special sale section. Also, some shopbusters.

Nothing earth shattering.

If someone out there is interested in the Collins watch, they are offering at $129. They have gotten around the pricing, by assigning it a new number. It looks like the same watch to me. If you like the look of the Michael Kors watches with baguettes but don't want to pay the price, then pick that one for half the price of the MK. I wouldn't call them twins, maybe siblings or cousins.

They have been offering bogo specials on some models, so I guess it's better to keep your eyes open during shows.

It appears that they will feature Holiday Watch Gifts on November 9.

Respected Contributor

Java: nothing tempting me.... and that's a good thing.

Trusted Contributor

Nothing grabs me either. I think I'm on watch overload!!! What does grab me is the new Neil Diamond Album I downloaded on iTunes " Melody Road". I'm a lover of his music and I love how one can download tunes on your iPad or computer and listen while surfing...cool. I have 3 watches that need batteries, one needs to be sent in for repairs and I don't need anymore. Am I preaching to the choir here?? Lol.
Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

I have 3 watches that still need sizing and about 6 that need batteries. Watch maintenance is an ongoing thing. Always a pile of watches that need something. That and storage are the downside of collecting.

Trusted Contributor

Well after I get these 3 watches up and running again, and I see they only need a new battery, I must call Renato. Not looking forward to this.....the downside for collecting for me. It's always a sigh of relief when they come back. Anyway I have really had good luck...so far.
Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

Jena: maybe I'm too much of a planner.... but I'd say take care of your Renato watch now or wait until mid Jan. With the holidays coming up things get very busy for companies and also right after Christmas many in the jewelry industry close for a week or staff takes vacation. Good luck. My last repair (a few months ago) went very quickly. I had the watch back in under a month.