Super Contributor

Is the Q going to get rid of Bixby? All of her pieces are 6EZ Pay

There are usually on a few EZ pay items when she is on the air. First they put a lot of her jewelry on clearance about two weeks. Then, 6EZ pay this weekend. Does this signal they are preparing to cut ties? That would be very unforunate.

Honored Contributor

Re: Is the Q going to get rid of Bixby? All of her pieces are 6EZ Pay

Prices are too high, IMO.

Super Contributor

On 10/26/2014 terrier3 said:

Prices have gone up but when I compare them to Ripka, they're comparable. Plus, Barbara does not use fake diamonds or gold cladding. There's also a lot more workmanship in her pieces.

Honored Contributor

On 10/26/2014 Schnapsideen said:
On 10/26/2014 terrier3 said:

Prices have gone up but when I compare them to Ripka, they're comparable. Plus, Barbara does not use fake diamonds or gold cladding. There's also a lot more workmanship in her pieces.

Yep! Probably means the Q is going to get rid of the line, like so many other individual vendors. JMO.

Super Contributor

That would be unfortunate. They probably make more on that steel, bronze and clad stuff.

Respected Contributor

Maybe Bixby prices are too high and people just aren't spending money like they used to. If her items are not selling, then it's only obvious they would not continue to try and sell her items.

Super Contributor

While I admire Bixby's line, I do think her prices are extremely high for today's market. I have two pairs of her earrings and I love them, but even though one was on ezpay, they were not as pricey as her jewelry is now. I think it's very possible that the Q is phasing out her line if customers are not buying, although if one reads some of the reviews, there still seem to be plenty of people with the money to purchase her pieces. Of course that's just a very tiny percentage of Q's buying public.

Trusted Contributor

If you think her pieces are too pricey, they are nothing compared to what has happened to Judith Ripka. Both are beautiful, both are different. I cannot afford Ripka much anymore-upwards of $300-thousands. The items I can afford are not the quality of Bixby. If you think back-so many of the vendors are now gone. Ripka's prices truly are out of line for diamonique.

Valued Contributor

Her pieces are high and, yes, she does use all real.. However, they are so ornate I don't know how most people wear them out or to work. I used to collect and had a number of HE pieces. They were magnificent. But, they re not practical I'm any way. She and a Honora broke off their relationship several years ago and then she opened her own line on her website and the prices are very high there. It could be her line had so few collectors it has just run it's course or it's no longer the direction she or the Q want to go. Plus I think most women, like me, do not want to wear all the symbolism of skulls, snakes, bugs and so on. For those who do they will find what they want on eBay or among themselves. As for JR, I never did like the bling, the prices are off the charts for less quality I that we have experienced in the old days and once again, I have liquidated all my pieces save for two JR2 suites. Sigh, things change.
Valued Contributor

I've been surprised some of her new designs haven't sold out. They're as beautiful as ever but still in inventory.

That's not a good sign.