Contributor

Michael O'Connor as an expert in FL

Was over at the rival a few minutes ago - they have gradually redone home page & noticed there was a blue community icon along the top. Thought wow - now maybe you can even find the community. Was just exploring a bit to see set-up & my mouth fell open to see Michael's name. Apparently he appeared on some jewelry shows this past Tuesday - not as a vendor - but as an expert working with hosts and taking jewelry related questions. Some very nice comments from people who were so surprised to see him there. I certainly was clueless to the fact he was gone from the Q. I looked back & saw pic of him with Shivan Sharna (spelling) - not sure what they were presenting - but it is gem week over there. His comments on forum thanked well-wishers & he hopes he will be back for other jewelry shows. So looks like he is an independent consultant who will occasionally appear to offer his thoughts on various gems etc. I tried to post this comment on the thread started a couple of days about his leaving but it is shut down to additional comments. What is that all about - Has the Q been intimidated by the WH or FBI? Ridiculous - this must have been the "contract" issue which was alluded to. Only have a few pieces of Affinity but always enjoyed him and his very kind but dry sense of humor. Oh well! Can only wish him the best!!!

Contributor

Re: Michael O'Connor as an expert in FL

Oops - looked again at thread about MC leaving the Q & saw while it was dated 10/22 - year was 2013. Need to clean my glasses & hang up my spurs. Have to retract snarky dig about our wonderful govt. Not sure why that thread was the first one to pop up when I did a search - don't do much posting - just reading. Guess I will stick to that

Frequent Contributor

I happened to see him too while watching a bit of a Carol Brodie show. She has known him for a long time from celeb gigs they would style in previous years. He seems like a very nice & knowledgeable guy. The host referred to him as a ""jewelry style expert"".
Honored Contributor

I wonder if he feels unnecessary because that's surely how he seems? He's a very nice person but I don't see where he adds anything to the presentations.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

Yeah, they need a different role for him. All the hosts know their jewelry in and out already, practically gemologists.