Regular Contributor
I had been looking for a chunky bold gold bracelet and didn't have $2,000 to spend. Smiley Happy I am not a fan of the color of Oro Nuovo. So, I gave Technibond a chance. I like the color of the gold. It blends in nicely with my other 14k gold pieces and I won't worry about losing it or damaging it. Does anyone else have any Technibond pieces?? Do you like them? Do they hold up?? Thanks.
Super Contributor
I had Technibond that was purchased maybe 25 or more years ago. It got discolored very quickly and at that time the southern channel used to tell us to wash it with soap and water. That did not work at all. I got rid of it years ago and would never purchase it again. Perhaps they have improved the product since then.
Trusted Contributor

I have some that has lasted very well and some that did not.

Honored Contributor

I too have several pieces and have had no problems with any of them--necklaces, earrings. To my uneducated eye, it looks like gold to me!

Valued Contributor

I tried a couple pieces years ago - I found they discolored fairly quickly even though I kept them in a lined silver keeper jewelry box. I never found any cleaning product that brought them back to their original color. Needless to say I never purchased any again.

I don't recommend that line.

Super Contributor

my Technibond has held up great. I remember it was more weighty but even now it is great

Respected Contributor

I have a technibond rope chain that I purchased about 4 years ago to wear with a specific pendant. It's a good weight and the color is such that you cannot tell it is not real gold. It hasn't turned at all and since I only wear it once in a while, I am very happy that I didn't pay an exorbitant amount for it.

Honored Contributor
On 10/18/2014 Rainbow Girl said: I had Technibond that was purchased maybe 25 or more years ago. It got discolored very quickly and at that time the southern channel used to tell us to wash it with soap and water. That did not work at all. I got rid of it years ago and would never purchase it again. Perhaps they have improved the product since then.

My story is exactly the same right down to how old the bracelet was!

Honored Contributor

Technibond holds up, I have pieces that are very old. Keep it in a tarnish free jewelry keeper, and use those little black squares of paper to keep the tarnish away.

Respected Contributor

I have a few technibond items from years ago... some have held up very well, others have tarnished and the tarnish can't be removed. Two things to know.... first of all the recipe for technibond has changed over the years. Secondly, and maybe more importantly, there are a number of different vendors who make the technibond items for hsn. The quality may differ among the different items because they are made by different companies.

In my experience, items with lots of prongs (which hold gemstones), do not hold up well. Earrings and necklaces seem to fare better than bracelets or rings, because the earrings and necklaces get less abuse. I found this to be true with any plated jewelry, whether technibond, vermeil, or other clad jewelry.

Enjoy your new bracelet. Wear it often while it's still under the return policy. After that, you have not recourse if there is a problem.