Regular Contributor

A question for those of you who don't wear white metals

What do you wear with outfits that might look nice with white gold or sterling silver?
Esteemed Contributor

Re: A question for those of you who don't wear white metals

I just wear gold with everything but I do like how silver looks on black so I bought me a nice bold necklace and 1 1/4 inch hoops and a bold bracelet, now I just need a bold ring, I am looking for a nice turquoise ring. Won't wear them all together but I also like the look of silver with white.

Honored Contributor

Silver "turns" on me almost immediately. I do have a few stainless pieces, but believe me, nobody is fooled that it is "platinum" or anything else but stainless.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

What doesn't look good with yellow gold?
Honored Contributor

Gold goes with everything - yellow and rose. Just yesterday, I wore a soft gray sweater, slacks and rose gold jewelry.

Trusted Contributor

I have to agree...........I can't think of one thing that yellow gold or rose gold doesn't go with!

Valued Contributor

pearls

Respected Contributor

There is one thing: skin tone. Rose looks good on just about everyone. Love yellow gold, but it doesn't look quite right against my skin. I do have some YG pieces, but they are on the small side for this reason. It makes me sad, because my birthstone is garnet and I think it looks best with yellow gold.

If you can wear yellow gold--lucky you! I don't know why it wouldn't go with black? It's stunning against black.

Honored Contributor

On 10/17/2014 esmeraldagooch said: What doesn't look good with yellow gold?

I wondered the same thing?

Honored Contributor

I have a bit of silver that I like with some outfits.

The other side of that coin is that I don't like the outfits that "need" white metals nearly as much as I like those that look best with gold, rose gold, bronze and copper.

I know it sounds strange to some, but I can almost hear myself sigh with relief when I wear brown instead of black and stand in front of the mirror.