Regular Contributor

Was so sorry to see Kirks Folly going out of business. I did buy some items a couple months back from their web site, got a good deal on them then. I totally didn't get in on this going out of business sale, but I have collected all the years they have been on the Q and before that. But for the heck of it I went to E-Bay and boy the prices have gone up since their retiring, which isn't too much of a shock. I saw things on there I'd bought a couple months back and didn't pay the price they are asking for now. I guess it stands with reason, when companies close out. I will miss the connection of all the Kirks Folly ladies had. I do hope the Kirks Family enjoy their retirement, they've worked long and hard for all of us to sparkle on! I know this line of jewelry and it's magical message will always be very special to me.

Super Contributor

I didn't get in on all the frantic final sales either, but I've been collecting them since '93 and I plan to hang on to what I've got. I won't be buying any on ebay either, since I have enough. I thought their special message of magic and kindness was as much a part of their allure as their jewelry. I always tuned in to see them on Q, even though their time slots had for some time been relegated to the late/wee hours. I will miss them and their special magic.

Honored Contributor

I noticed that in the space of a couple of days, one vendor has raised her "buy it now" prices significantly. She was already charging way more than the items cost new, but clearly sees the chance to make even more.

There are a couple of things I'd still like to have, but I'm not going to buy at inflated prices so I'll wait. If they come down, I'll buy. If not, I'll do without! Wink

Valued Contributor

I bought a few things from the Kirks Folly website when the sale began. I've been looking at the items on eBay and wonder if the prices will eventually go down. Really never got into eBay until the Lee Sands items started showing up. You can still find some items at good prices. Some of the vendors - who are not from the US - have posted items at prices far above what they are selling for on QVC. Kind of funny.

Super Contributor

Unfortunately, it's a seller's marker right now, People of greed are going to try and profit as much as possible on their fame as they fold and go into retirement. Sad, but so often is the lot in life. I can't stand it, but its commerce in all of her glory.

Contributor

I don't mind some of the high prices. I feel like that we that shopped from kirksfolly.com are spoiled with their extremely low prices. But be careful, there are many sellers that are trying to pass up pieces of jewelry that is not Kirks Folly. Make sure before bidding and buying you look to see if their is the Kirks Folly signature, and ask questions.

Respected Contributor

Wait 6 months and the prices will be down. The same thing happened with Joan's jewelry and the JKO jewelry.

Super Contributor
On 10/17/2014 silkyk said:

Wait 6 months and the prices will be down. The same thing happened with Joan's jewelry and the JKO jewelry.

I don't know much about ebay, except I find it intimidating! But in regard to prices in six months, I think Joan Rivers' old items (if not brought back into production) may (may) hold some value. But it appears as if they are going to recreate her line of older, discontinued designs. Now I know for a fact that one of the bees I bought a long, long, time ago was brought back again. And you cannot tell the difference between the decade plus old one and the "a year or so ago" one. It doesn't bother me because I am not buying for selling anything. But if someone bought that bee, then they cannot say "vintage" because "vintage" became the bee of the day. That could be a problem.

With Kirks Folly? Because they are closing their factory and completely abandoning all operations, there will never be a new Kirks Folly's redo of what has gone by. Unless someone buys all their molds and methods and rights to their work, then possibly, but not probably. So Kirks Folly items may end up being true collectibles for their once-in-a-lifetime creations.

Just my opinion.

Edited to add: I don't know JKO meaning...

Super Contributor

I believe that today (Oct. 17) is the day that they close their on-line store forever at midnight ET.

Honored Contributor
On 10/17/2014 ical said:
On 10/17/2014 silkyk said:

I don't know much about ebay, except I find it intimidating! But in regard to prices in six months, I think Joan Rivers' old items (if not brought back into production) may (may) hold some value. But it appears as if they are going to recreate her line of older, discontinued designs. Now I know for a fact that one of the bees I bought a long, long, time ago was brought back again. And you cannot tell the difference between the decade plus old one and the "a year or so ago" one. It doesn't bother me because I am not buying for selling anything. But if someone bought that bee, then they cannot say "vintage" because "vintage" became the bee of the day. That could be a problem.

With Kirks Folly? Because they are closing their factory and completely abandoning all operations, there will never be a new Kirks Folly's redo of what has gone by. Unless someone buys all their molds and methods and rights to their work, then possibly, but not probably. So Kirks Folly items may end up being true collectibles for their once-in-a-lifetime creations.

Just my opinion.

Edited to add: I don't know JKO meaning...

JKO - Jackie Kennedy Onassis