Contributor

What do you use to clean your RLM silver and brass jewelry?

Hello,

I have a silver and brass RLM necklace that is completely tarnished. I wanted to know what kind of jewelry cleaner is safe to use. I really love the necklace and I don't want to damage it. Thank you in advance.

Honored Contributor

Re: What do you use to clean your RLM silver and brass jewelry?

I just cleaned an RLM necklace to sell on Ebay with a Sunshine Jewelry Cleaning Cloth. It's safe for silver and brass and does an excellent job. You can order these from Ebay or Amazon. You can also possibly buy at a local jewelry store.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Contributor

Thank you very much NickNack.

Contributor

Is the Sunshine Cleaning Cloth like most of the jewelry cleaning cloths a good jeweler carries? While I have older RLM sterling pieces that I love and still wear quite a bit (mix with HagitGorali often times)......I have YET to find a cleaner for RLM Brass! And a friend of mine has the same problem! I bought some expensive, early pieces when he was first putting brass in some of them and just cannot get the brass clean. I noticed when I run my fingernail across these brass pieces, they feel as if there is a plastic coating on them and I swear it's preventing me from getting them clean. Also, when I put them on and they touch my skin, (not if it only touches clothing like a long enhancer) the brass will begin to change color as I'm wearing it. I stopped buying RLM pieces with brass after buying a few of them and they were not inexpensive. I stick with his sterling but stopped buying RLM quite a while ago since he did so few all sterling pieces and I felt the prices were just too much. I don't buy much jewelry anymore as I have a nice collection and the prices are too much now. I do like Hagit and I do buy a few of her pieces here and there and discovered a few of Or Paz I like...just a few.....and have added a few Artisan Crafted (love the little bell and the new bell enhancer by Suarti)....but that was because I bought a number of the chains when silver was much less expensive and this was quite some time ago. I WILL BE SO GRATEFUL IF SOMEONE HAS BEEN ABLE TO RESTORE RLM BRASS TO ITS ORIGINAL SHINE! I have kitchen copper and brass pieces that I can clean very well but why doesn't it work on RLM?????

Honored Contributor

The Sunshine jewelry cloth cleans silver, gold, brass, copper and other surfaces. The other jewelry cloths that I've had only say that they clean silver and gold. It's definitely worth a try. It cleaned my RLM brass, but mine wasn't as bad as it sounds like yours may be.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Contributor

Thanks so much for the reply; will google Sunshine Jewelry Cloth or maybe they sell it on QVC? Will do a search and give it a try!