Frequent Contributor
I am ready to scream watching Jane refer to items as being "on the day." No - it is "of the day". It drives me bonkers to listen to this! They show very little silver these days, and it's what I wear, and so I wanted to enjoy this. So much for that idea. I expect negative replies to this, but the need to vent took over. Take my comment or leave it....,
Respected Contributor

Re: Jane & her lack of gramnar

Then don't watch any of the other shopping channels or football games because they all use that same phrase.

Respected Contributor

I'll take it. My hearing is very sensitive to poor grammar.

Honored Contributor

I don't understand how something being said by a TV shopping channel host could have so much impact on anyone.

Contributor

Jane and her lack of ""gramnar""?? Is this for real?

Frequent Contributor

I knew the negative replies would come. I don't watch Q or the others often actually. However today, because of the silver, I had hoped for better. Should have known better, from their hosts or this posting group. Smh!
Trusted Contributor

This seems to be shopping channel talk. Lisa and many of the hosts use the same phrase. I would say "for the day," so maybe I'm wrong too!
Frequent Contributor

Some of us do appreciate good grammar. Yes I'm for real. Did I pop out of your imagination? Hardly.....
Honored Contributor

Don't know why, but Shawn and others say "on the day" also. The HSN hosts say it too.

Frequent Contributor

People I was a professional secretary and proofreader until retirement. Some things don't change.