Respected Contributor

WATCH COLLECTORS---OCTOBER 2014

Today is October 1. Where has the time gone? Time to start a new thread. Would like to welcome all watch lovers to our thread. We look for good deals, discuss trends and in the process of learning about this little "hobby." Of course if you want to drop in and say "Hi," that's fine, too.

Have a great day all.

Topic od discussion is Women's 40mm Beauty in Pink.

Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS---OCTOBER 2014

Respected Contributor

Java: thanks for starting the October thread for us. And I must say, you find the nicest watches to tease us with. And the Renato Wildebeast you posted above is also a great price. I bought the orange strap version, and now the pink strap one is speaking to me....buy me, buy me, buy me. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} BTW,, that coupon you posted about a month ago worked the other day. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Thank you.

Respected Contributor

Java: any info on what the TS for tomorrow will be? I heard Eyal say something to the effect that it would be for women and men... and the way he said it, I thought there would be 2 sizes.

Trusted Contributor

Java, thanks so much for starting a new thread. Oct. 1st, I can't believe it. On my iPad this thread is so very small. The print is so small I need to enlarge to read it. Does it affect computers the same way? Maybe we ought to make the picture smaller to help? I love the large picture but .......??? I didn't order the pink Beauty because I have the diamond pave dial with wht MOP subdials, accented in pink details. Really a nice looking watch. I'm wearing it today so I don't succumb to the larger 40mm wht MOP Beauty. The 40mm sure has a nice presense, different enough maybe it warrants a $139. added to my collection also. Like do I need all colors in this model???? Thats why my collection is soooo large. Smiley Wink)
Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

One more thing to add to the comparison of the original Renato to the current crop.... the straps on the watches in the 'old days' were genuine exotics.... alligator or lizard. Today's straps are leather, embossed to look like ally/croco.

Of course, all the features of the original did cost a lot more. And the sale price on that 40mm Wildebeast is great.... especially compared to other watch brands. The Renato does have a Swiss made movement, while the Invictas in that price range have Swiss parts (made in China) or Japanese movements.

Reposting my thoughts from the Sept thread: As for the diamonds, in the 'old days' they were full cut, at least G color, sometimes better, and at least SI1 quality, sometimes better. And the crystal was sapphire. Now the stones are single cut, poorer color and lower quality. Since the diamonds are only under the dial on the 8 ( on the watch we are discussing), I'm not sure it's a big deal. But from a quality standpoint.... it's not the same watch. On the other hand, in the 'old days' this watch would have sold for $399.

Respected Contributor

On 10/1/2014 lavenderjunkie said:

Java: thanks for starting the October thread for us. And I must say, you find the nicest watches to tease us with. And the Renato Wildebeast you posted above is also a great price. I bought the orange strap version, and now the pink strap one is speaking to me....buy me, buy me, buy me. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} BTW,, that coupon you posted about a month ago worked the other day. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Thank you.

You're most welcome. A little off now and then doesn't hurt.

I think the pink is lovely. Have a confession to make: I ordered one. {#emotions_dlg.blushing} It was whispering to me. The die is cast and the watch is now on its way to my PO Box. Most of my watches I have stored away for safekeeping and they're not with me. But I think it's best that they stay where they are. Not really a "pink" girl, but on occasion, I do like it. These may be returns, you know. But at least not full price, so I can live with it.

I have already sounded off on the tanzanite Speedway. I like tansy and I like Speedways, but I am a little ticked that they took a basic multifunction model, set with tanzanite and slapped a $$$ price on it. It's kind of a waste. They make Swiss Made Speedways for men, why not do that for their gemstone versions? It bugs me the same way the Swiss Parts Lady Zeus' do. I can't help it. Because it's the attitude of "the women don't care. Most of us who know what a Bolt Zeus is, do care. There is a segment of women who want to be "fashionable" or cutesy and they could care less about inner workings as long as it tells time.

Rant over. That should do me for a while. I don't know about the TTV. I will go and see what I can find out.

Trusted Contributor

I see one more pink was sold. LJ?? Now if I had a coupon that worked, it would cement the deal.
Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

Jena: all colors, in every style.... yup.... I know that syndrome.... it's why I have so many watches and so many handbags. {#emotions_dlg.scared} I've decided (ha), I'll wait until I get the orange strap one, and then if I love it, and if the pink is still available at the same price or lower, I'll get that one too. If the pink is sold out... I'll consider it fate.... and I'll be sad. Wink

Honored Contributor

Hi. Just wondering - do you buy many watches on ShopHQ? It seems like that's what they're selling 1/2 to 1/3 of the time.