Contributor

Kirks Folly closing their doors... It's over.

So bummed. Smiley Sad

Big online sale starts tomorrow.

Super Contributor

Re: Kirks Folly closing their doors... It's over.

I was curious to see how these small vendors do after being ousted by QVC. Now I know. They were only viable on QVC. Same thing could happen to Quacker Factory if QVC chooses to cut them loose. Seems like QVC is out to destroy small vendors and put in lines that only they can totally control.

Trusted Contributor

Where did you hear they are closing? Their website doesn't say that anywhere that I could find.

Oh - it's on Facebook, here it is:

https://www.facebook.com/KirksFolly

Trusted Contributor

I think it has as much to do w/the family members' ages as staying afloat outside of QVC. I am sure it is a lot of work & they probably don't want to spend their last decade or so working the company. It is too bad they couldn't find someone else to do it, but then you have control issues. End of an era!

Honored Contributor

This is sad news. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

The Q really blew it big time with KF. Once they eliminated the sets, they ruined the fun. I would still check in on the website from time to time, but as someone said, they are all getting older and have probably had enough.

Honored Contributor

I think Kirk's Folly closing is more due to these beautiful ladies wanting to retire. I wish them good health, and life's wonderful blessings.
Valued Contributor

I think it was inevitable but terribly sad.

I just bought the couple of things I wanted today because I think they will go fast tomorrow and I won't be able to order early. I'd rather pay a little more and be certain of getting them.

I will stop in tomorrow for the big sale though to see if there's anything else I'd like!

Esteemed Contributor

I believe that many QVC vendors would not be successful if not for the huge viewership of QVC.

Super Contributor

Sad. I saw many Kirks Folly items on Amazon yesterday.

Respected Contributor

At one time Kirk's Folly were in a lot of stores like Macy's besides being on QVC. I remember them being in the stores meeting their customers. Sorry to see them closing their doors. I always loved watching their shows on QVC and have a lot of their pieces. I wish them all the best.