Honored Contributor

Has anybody ordered an item that won't ship for at least 2 months?? I'm not sure why anyone would do this. It seems somewhat common on QVC but I don't recall the other shopping channels doing this. What's the point??

Occasional Contributor

I thought I was the only one who felt this way! To me it is just weird. I don't even like waiting a week for stuff to arrive. Can't get excited over something that I know I will forget about before it arrives. But we must be in the vast minority, because they offer so many things 2 to 3 months before they sell.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, fat belly. It's reassuring to know there's at least one person out there who feels the same way as I do. I thought I would have gotten more responses to this but I know I'm in the vast minority on this topic and so many others!!!

Valued Contributor

Most of us have ordered furniture that wasn't delivered for a month or two.

I just ordered an iPhone that had a 6 week lead time.

What's the difference?

Some need instant gratification, others don't.

LOL though at the userid 'Fat Belly' needing instant gratification - you go girl! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

Yes, Pagan, but furniture or some electronic gadget is something we may actually need. Why wait for a piece of jewelry or item of clothing that in all probability can be found elsewhere readily? I'm still curious to hear from someone who is on a "will ship" list for jewelry or clothing and why???? Do you keep track of what you've ordered and do you change your mind?

Honored Contributor

I've done it. I like it. However, I watch QVC only when I know I want to buy something in a particular category. I no longer watch to see if they might show something and tempt me. No impulse buying I guess you'd say.

So - if I know I want a pair of earrings and I see a pair I like - I'm going to be wearing them forever and a day and it doesn't matter to me if I wait for a while to get them. That's why I like advanced orders.

I rarely ever watch any of the other TV shopping channels because I already know I'm not buying. That's also why I rarely wander into Talbots or Abercrombie or Sephora when I go to the mall. Nothing they sell is on my buy list- I stay away.

Right now my TV set is OFF. I like it that way.

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered 14k gold earrings and I think I ordered them in June and received them in August, it was a nice surprise, However I also ordered a 14k turquoise necklace during the Klondike on advance order and I cancelled it last night.

Super Contributor

I have been wondering to about this "Will ship on ...." I know HSN and SHOPHQ don't do this that I know of.

I wonder if QVC is doing this so that they won't have any leftovers to sell. Or perhaps they are not doing well and cannot afford to buy lot of items.

I have ordered the Luminara lanterns, Diamonique, Bronzo Italia so far this way. Maybe someone can enlighten us?

Esteemed Contributor

I have a ring I ordered a long time ago...advanced order...I don't even remember when its due in its been so long........haha....it will be surprise...

Not sure why the Q does this ...and you are right...I have never heard HSN or ShopHQ tell us its on advance order...although....I do not watch either station all that much...so maybe they do....

Valued Contributor

I have two items of jewelry on advance order right now.

It's just jewelry. Where's the rush? It's not urgent, you don't need it. You don't need to scour the stores for a replacement. What's wrong with waiting? You don't need to give it another thought. It will just turn up in its own good time.

I think you're fishing for confirmation of some moral failure that doesn't affect you because you can see through it. Something that's 'wrong' with the people that do this? You've already implied they're likely to be disorganized and just buy things without thinking it through.