Occasional Contributor

First and foremost, let me say I am completely new here to the forums and I apologize if I'm doing something wrong, posting in the wrong place, or even asking for help for something like this. I am desperate at this point, and here is my sob story:

My mom has been a member of QVC for years. I'm 20 years old and she's had an account dating back to 1996. She ordered a pair of earrings off of here and fell in love with them. To this day, she still has one. Yes, one. When I was a kid, I lost one of them. They were her favorite. She wasn't disappointed, she wasn't mad, but I could tell she was hurt. I didn't do it on purpose, I'd never hurt my mom for the world, but I made a huge mistake. So I took to the internet and started looking for them. Knowing that they were close to 20 years old and I hadn't seen them on air for a very long time, they were probably discontinued. I found an exact same pair, only they were made with a shepards hook instead of lever back, like hers was -- Attached below is the picture. I came here and talked to customer service, they couldn't help much. I don't know the item number, I just know what they are. They even looked through my mom's account and they weren't on there. If anyone has an item number, a website or store where I could buy another pair or a replica, or anything helpful, PLEASE let me know! Her birthday is next month and I would love to have them by then. Thank you so much.

Need these in leverback!

Valued Contributor

You are so sweet to want to do this for your mom and although I can't help you, I wanted you to know that I think you're a great daughter.

If I might offer a suggestion it would be to get your mom the ones with the Shepard's hook, if I were your mom I would be so proud that you went to all this trouble for me and its really doubtful I would care about the kind of back the earrings had.

Good luck LexieBeavers, I'm sure your mom is going to love the earrings not only because she loved the originals so much at one time but because you went to so much trouble to please her.

Maria

Occasional Contributor

Thank you so much, that means the world to me! Have a blessed day!

Honored Contributor

I think my jewelry store charges 35.00 to switch a pair of silver earrings from shepherd's hook to leverbacks.

Regular Contributor
This has to be the sweetest post I have ever read on here. I truly hope someone on here can help you LexieBeavers. I hope my young daughter grows up to be as thoughtful and caring as you are. Good luck in your search!
Trusted Contributor

Awww, how sweet is that? I agree with depglass, take them to a jeweler and have the shephards hook replaced with the lever back. Then you'll have exactly what you want and it won't break the bank.

You're a sweet and thoughtful daughter to want to do this for your mom. Good luck with getting exactly what you want for her. Won't she be surprised and pleased?!

Super Contributor

Yes, a good jeweler should be able to make the switch for you...if you are at all crafty, you may be able to do it yourself. Check with local jewelry/beading supply stores. Good luck to you!

Occasional Contributor

@shoptheQ - As my mom would say, bless your heart! I just now saw your reply! Thank you so much for your help! I would sincerely appreciate it.

& To everyone else - I can't express my gratitude, thank you all so much & God bless every one of you!

Super Contributor
Oh LexieBeavers, you are too sweet! I'm very close with my Mom and understand you wanting to surprise her with such a thoughtful gift...good luck in your searchSmiley Happy))
Contributor

If you right click on your own image of the earrings you should get a drop down menu with ""search goggle with this image"". After you click on that it brings up your messages and a store that carries the earrings. I'm not sure if I can say the store name or post a link to it on these boards.