Honored Contributor

I received an email about the Vicenza jewelry day coming up. A couple of thoughts.

Why is Q selling 14k jewelry for $100 per gram when many other retailers are selling it for less? I found a great online retailer and their 14k (resin-free) is top notch quality and runs anywhere from $45-$65 per gram (depends on complexity of the piece). You can't tell me that Q couldn't get a better deal than $100/gram. If I hear David say $100/gram is a great deal one more time, I might just throw up a little in my mouth.

Of 156 pieces in the preview, 28 were listed as 14k but 10 of those were Oro Nuovo. IMHO, Oro Nuovo is gold clad since it has to have the resin to survive. Yes, I know the sale pitch about these pieces having enough gold to stand on their own but I don't buy it. I'm pretty well versed on gold and gemstones and, based on the price, you can closely estimate the gold content (and it isn't much).

It looks like it'll be a bronzo, resin, silver, and clad day at the Q.

Super Contributor
On 9/22/2014 CalmInTheHeart said:

...It looks like it'll be a bronzo, resin, silver, and clad day at the Q.

That's why I stopped buying jewelry from the Q. I want "real jewelry"...

Honored Contributor
On 9/22/2014 cgil said:
On 9/22/2014 CalmInTheHeart said:

...It looks like it'll be a bronzo, resin, silver, and clad day at the Q.

That's why I stopped buying jewelry from the Q. I want "real jewelry"...

agreed!

Valued Contributor

This is why I buy Carolyn Pollack's jewelry - real silver, real gemstones - great designs !

I enjoyed her show this morning.

Esteemed Contributor

Against my better judgement, I purchased 2 pairs J289595 and 2 pairs J289594 14KT yellow gold and white gold hoop earrings (diamond cut). When trying to close the snap bar, the earrings bend out of shape. They're going back today. Shipping to me for 4 very light-weight earrings - $20. Can't compare the price or quality to years ago. Bye to QVC

Honored Contributor

I'm sticking with Hagit Gorali and Carolyn Pollack.

Regular Contributor

This is why many of the 14kt items the Q sells they don't even list the gram weight. I won't pay over $65 a gram, even if it's something I truly want. There is no need to pay that price per gram when, as you stated, elsewhere there better deals. Even back when gold was at a reasonable price per gram the Q was always higher than it should be. They continue to tell us what great deal we are getting and I guess some believe it.

I now have a more "stay at home" lifestyle, so the gold buys I make must be a better value than $100 per gram.

Honored Contributor

I went through the list of stuff and it was mostly costume - bronze, clad, silver, and resin-filled.

What gold I saw - I would agree that it was over-priced. Well, for that matter, I thought all the costume stuff was overpriced too.

Honored Contributor

They should be ashamed to keep using the name. They've relegated this once proud line to nothing more than essentially costume jewelry comprised of too many bronze, crystal and fake diamond pieces. I love jewelry but no long consider these shows as 'must' viewing. In fact, I rarely even bother to tune them in anymore. I'm just not interested in most of this stuff, nor in seeing the hosts, and especially the buyer, trying to convince me that this stuff is anything other than what it is.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

Vincenza = Bronzo and resin filled goo. They are now stating "solid bronze" and giving gram weights on bronze like its a precious metal. I couldn't believe my ears when I heard them give gram weights for bronze. I am seriously so disgusted with the downhill turn the Q has taken in the jewelry area. I realize that not everyone can afford gold, but the price of gold has come down and they can definitely do better. What they have been selling is getting worse and worse and charging way too much. I will not buy any gold chain weighting 1 to 2 grams. Seriously. I'd rather have 1 good solid piece than a bunch of little broken pieces of jewelry that in the end wind up costing just as much or just a bunch of costume jewelry that I spent way too much $$$ on.