Honored Contributor

Michael Dawkins Starry Night Watch....

I just want to tell you all what happened and if anyone has experience this?

I bought MD's Starry Night Watch the day it was first presented. As a matter of fact, I saw it on one of the hosts early in the day and I went on line and found it and bought it immediately. I LOVED that watch, still do, wore it just about every day.

Then about a month ago I started noticing a dark ring around my wrist. Huh? I looked and couldn't figure out why. I cleaned the bracelet gently (as I often do) with a very gentle cloth. It happened twice more before I realized that I was having a reaction to the metal bracelet~! I do have a reaction with metals that aren't Stainless Steel, real gold or sterling silver. So I started to really look at the bracelet and there were spots on the inside of the bracelet that were wearing off. BUT this bracelet is advertised as stainless steel. I don't have reactions to Stainless steel.... I have reactions to ALLOYS. What the?

I called customer service and even after all this time, they accepted a return and refunded. I was more concerned about the listing that states "Stainless Steel Bracelet" and don't understand what happened unless the bracelet is an alloy and there is a Stainless Steel Wash over the top of it. I don't even know if they can do this or not, but that's the only thing making sense to me.

And the worst of it is.... I really miss that watch. I want another one... if this was just a fluke then I'm willing to buy another one.... but if it is some kind of wash (like gold plating, which btw does the same thing to me once the plating wears off...) then I can't wear it.

Anyone else having any problems with the underside of this watch bracelet? Just curious....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor

Re: Michael Dawkins Starry Night Watch....

I have had mine for less than a week with no issues. I remember very clearly in the video how MD explained it took a lot of effort to get the color of the stainless steel to match his silver. If you read here, http://www.bssa.org.uk/about_stainless_steel.php, you can see stainless steel is an alloy that may contain nickel. I think it is nickel that most people are allergic too in their ears. Maybe this particular blend of stainless steel just doesn't work for you, which is unfortunate. It is a lovely watch.

Honored Contributor

Re: Michael Dawkins Starry Night Watch....

Thank you for answering and providing that information. I missed where MD explained the matching of the stainless. Yes, nickle is the culprit... {#emotions_dlg.sad} ... that's what I'm highly allergic to and it IS a shame. I loved that watch so much I've been trying to find one I can love as much and am just not finding it. *Sigh*....

Appreciate your taking the time to reply, thanks again...

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*