Honored Contributor

Barbara Bixby Pouches--What Colors?

I'm selling some Barbara Bixby pieces on Ebay, and I'm trying to match the boxes to the piece. I've got two pouches though. I've got a brown paisley one that I know is Bixby. I've also got a black one with flowers on it in pale pinks and blues. There's a tiny bit of turquoise in one of the blue flowers. Does this sound like one that was hers? I don't want to send someone something with the wrong pouch. Thanks for any help you can give me.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Contributor

Re: Barbara Bixby Pouches--What Colors?

I've purchased Bixby for quite a few years (for as long as she's been on QVC I believe) and do have 1 black ring box of hers (from a long time ago) that has a flower design on the top in gold, but no boxes with pink or blue flowers.(have a feeling the pink and blue flower box your talking about may not be a Bixby box.)

Honored Contributor

Thanks Sadie, I'm afraid it might not be a Bixby pouch either. The only pouch that I have of BB's (pouch that didn't come with a box) is brown paisley. I've got the green boxes.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Unless you promise an original box or pouch, I don't think most Ebay buyers expect anything except a beautiful piece of BB jewelry. Its always a nice surprise to get anything extra.

Occasional Contributor

It sounds like you got a Honora box. A lot of people do not save their original boxes and may had used the only one they had available. As you as you are happy with the jewelry I wouldn't worry box.

Frequent Contributor

I have a bunch of those black pouches with the pink and blue flowers, and they all are original packaging for my Honora pearls. All of my Bixby pieces are in the brown paisley pouches.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the info. I do have a Honora pearl and turquoise necklace. I guess that pouch came with it.

-Henry David Thoreau