Honored Contributor

What should the penalty be for forgetting an anniversary?

A new what? Diamond, gold bracelet, new car? This was a milestone, and he still forgot. Its the day after 9/11 for crying out loud, and I gave him ample reminders. Last night he said "When is our anniversary?" Keep in mind this is a joke thread, this guy can barely remember his own birthday and I really didn't have very high expectations.

Super Contributor

Re: What should the penalty be for forgetting an anniversary?

Sorry, but I would never consider this to be a "joke". I'd be crushed.

Super Contributor

married 30 plus years... he never remembers. He brings home the bacon so I give him leeway.

Honored Contributor

Sorry DH forgot your anniversary. Hopefully he will make it up to you. DH remembers this & a lot of other dates that I don't remember. He has no excuse for not remembering our anniversary. Our birthdays & anniversary are all in Feb. His birthday is on the 10th, my birthday is the following week & our anniversary is the following week. Kind of hard to forget that.

Honored Contributor

no penalty at all......especially if he is good to you all year long.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Sorry he forgot the anniversary. I have just resigned myself to embrace the fact that disappointment is always around the corner when you're dealing with humans.

Anyway - Hey, I'd go for the car. What the heck! Smiley Happy

PS: Happy Anniversary

Valued Contributor

I'm going to throw my arms around my husband and give him a great big kiss when he gets home, God bless that man, he never forgets anniversaries or birthdays...he always remembers. I'd be crushed otherwise.

Maria

Honored Contributor

You can tell he is a product of his upbringing. Evidently his father always dealt with the trash and unloaded the car, both groceries and luggage. And he never forgets Valentine's Day or Mother's Day and we have no kids together. And he never asks what is in those plastic envelopes I get all the time. So overall I've got it pretty good.

Esteemed Contributor

I would go out and buy yourself whatever you want and let it go. If its a good marriage, the actual date is not as important as it was when we were young (at least that is how I feel).

Honored Contributor

I would have rather he had loved me and showed me his affection. The roses on our anniversary meant nothing to me without that. And oh, he never forgot.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986