Esteemed Contributor

A few years ago, I bought a 16" 14kt thin rope chain necklace from QVC --- and never liked it. It's too short on my neck and lightweight. I'd like to sell it to a local jeweller or pawn shop (I've never sold jewelry before). Should I just go to several places to see how much money they offer? I have all my copies of purchases from the Q - but I don't have this one. I'm guessing I paid around $40.

Esteemed Contributor

I think you should try selling it on Ebay. Do you know how many grams of gold it is? Gold places by gold by the gram.

Esteemed Contributor

There couldn't be many grams of gold - and I've never used Ebay. I'll just take it to a few stores that buy gold.

Honored Contributor

If you paid $40, it won't have much gold weight and won't bring you a lot of money. Just take it to a reputable gold buyer in your area. It wouldn't be worth sending to an out of town gold buyer.

Respected Contributor

Call around and ask their payout per gram and select the one who pays the most. If this is a small rope it may only weigh a gram or two. If the payout is $16. per gram, why waste money driving around.

Esteemed Contributor

Why don't you keep it and put it away and next time you need a gift for a special young lady, purchase a gold pendant and add it to the chain.

Honored Contributor

Are you planning on buying anything locally in the jewelry line? This chain will be worth much more against another item than scrap value.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not interested in buying any more gold jewelry. I also have a charm bracelet from 1962. I never wear the pieces I want to sell - I prefer to get the cash. We're in the midst of a heat wave. I live in Oxnard (southern Calif) - temperature at noon is almost 80 degrees and going higher. Temperatures in nearby cities will be over 100 degrees --- so staying home!!! I will call around today. Thanks for ur help.