Honored Contributor

I don't know if I've been living under a rock but I just found out about these lockets. They are lockets you can customize that open and you can put charms in. It seems that everything on Origami Owl is ala carte. You buy the locket, plate, chain, and charms separately. I know there are other places to purchase for less money but may not be the Living Lockets. I had some questions, maybe someone can help? There is a Classic Living Locket and a Twist Living Locket. If I'm reading it right I have to buy a face for the Twist one? I would buy the large sized locket, what length chain do you think I should get? I usually wear chains that are 16-20" but wonder if that's too short. If anyone has had an experience assembling a locket I would welcome any advice!TIA

Super Contributor
I love these lockets..i have bought these for my mother, my sister, and all my grandchildren. They enjoy picking out the charms and changing them out. I don't reall know about the teist locket, we all have the classics, the griwnups large with crystals and the little ones, the small or regular size. I first bought the short chain and I live it but when they came out with longer chains i bought 2. I have thee heart with Nana on it and all my gc birthstones. These are fun for the money I think.
Super Contributor
Oh Jordan, I LOVE my Origami Owl. I attended a party, so i was able to see all the options in person. I ended up getting the longest chain that silos over my head. The longer the better, because you'll find that you'll want to add on and on with the clip-on charms, plus whatever you may already have. The quality is amazing. The lockets are heavy and thick - like the nicest watch face. I have the one you buy a face for - mine says "mama" and they look like sterling silver. I've had mine way over a year, still looks brand new. Have fun - there's no right or wrong, but I do suggest a longer/ longest chain option on this one.
Esteemed Contributor

I'm surprised people selling them haven't replied back- I met someone at work who sells them (she hold parties) and immediately thought of a small packet of gems I bought thinking I'd make something with them. It's been 10 years now!! They'd look great in a locket - I'm buying a stainless locket from ebay and I'll use a mid-longer length chain I already have. The face you're referring to is the stainless insert? I think you need to buy them for any style locket - if that's the look you want. I'm going to wear mine clear so my gemstones shw from both sides.

Super Contributor

I loved the look of this, so purchased the locket and chain and charms about a year ago. I have never worn it! thanks for the reminder. I am going to pull it out.

Honored Contributor

I'm still undecided if I should get the classic locket or the twisted. The classic is less money if I'm reading it right for the twisted locket you need to buy a base and a face.I guess the twisted one would be good if you wanted to buy a different face to change up the look of your locket.

Frequent Contributor
My daughter sells Origami Owl. I have the large rose gold classic locket. I have enough charms to change for seasons etc. I have the bracelet I usually keep my sister charms in. It's in the gold color. I also have the hanging charms, I love them. To answer your question , yes the fun of the twist locket is you get more choices. I would put it on a longer chain, at least 24 ". If you get a large. Yes it is cheaper too. They are so much fun. Enjoy and wear it often.
Super Contributor

Love mine. I actually put my own heart (gold and diamond) pendant in my locket. It is 'deep' enough to fit a couple non-Origami Owl items.

Honored Contributor

If you like owls, remember to check out the Rara Avis by Iris Apfel Owl on Branch pin / pendant on HSN.