Super Contributor

What's your opinion on this…..??

So I have a birthday coming up in a couple of weeks and my husband always likes to buy me something special. This year he bought me a Michele watch. It is absolutely gorgeous and I'm over the moon for it!! It's Two-Tone… 18K Yellow Gold & Stainless Steel Chronograph Deco. Cannot wait to wear it. We went this weekend to get it adjusted to my wrist size so when my birthday is finally here I can wear it right away. He wrapped it back up and I won't be able to see it again until the day is here. (he is so special with the little things & most thoughtful sentiments this man gives me everyday)

Now here's where your opinion is needed. I typically like to wear lots of bracelets next to my watch. But for some reason when we were at the jewelry store & were getting this Michele watch adjusted, I had all my bracelets on and I didn't like the way it looked next to the Michele. And here's why…… In my opinion, when you wear an expensive watch like this one is (it was $2,000) and you go pile all bracelets next to it, it made me feel it detracted the value of the watch. It made the Michele look not as expensive. Hope that makes sense. Do you agree lots of bracelets do this? So I'm considering wearing all my bracelets on the opposite wrist now but it feels so weird (never have worn my bracelets that way).

What's your take? Do you think a high-end watch should be the focus on one wrist and bracelets on the other wrist? Do you think it lessens the richness of the high-end watch when you pile a bunch of stuff next to it? My husband agrees with me on this and just thought I'd get other people's opinion on it as well. Smile

Honored Contributor

Re: What's your opinion on this…..??

I will never own a high-end watch but I think that it should be the main focus.

Happy Birthday

Valued Contributor

I was given an expensive little watch and I agree, it takes away from the watch to put other jewelry next to it------18 k with a chain (gold) strap and 6 little diamonds it just looks more special alone --- I bet yours does too. Smiley Happy)
Respected Contributor

Less is more,I think.too much of anything always cheapens the whole picture.but you definitely can wear your bracelets on the other wrist. And wear your beauty in good health. Happy birthday!
Frequent Contributor

I collect Michele watches since it's spelled the way I spell my name. I always wear mine alone because I do agree that too many bracelets distract from the look. I don't even wear any with the more casual tahitian jelly bean watches I have from Michele. A nice watch deserves to be the center of attention. Have a great birthday! ~Michele~
Honored Contributor

I think you can get away with it if it's a strap but not a bracelet. I think you can enhance a high end watch with a leather strap by wearing a metal bracelet on the same wrist not so much with a gold or silver bracelet style watch.
Respected Contributor

You think it detracts from the value or the price? How is that possible? If you like the look of the watch but not with the bracelets, then don't wear the bracelets.

Personally I never wear bracelets next to my watch. But that's what I like.

Contributor

On 9/2/2014 Sister Golden Hair said:

I will never own a high-end watch but I think that it should be the main focus.

Happy BirthdaySmile

ITA. Happy Birthday, and wear it in good health!

Honored Contributor

Several bracelets with a watch are just too much ....

All you can add to a fabulous watch would be a diamond tennis bracelet ...

Super Contributor

Trailblazer, such a special watch deserves all the attention - by itself! IMO bracelets next to it would detract from it and cheapen the look. Wear your bracelets on the other wrist if they are of the same metal! I have an 18k white gold piece that doesn't need anything else either. Enjoy for years to come! Happy Birthday!