Trusted Contributor

Honestly, in lieu of what? More hour long shows of vacuums, kitchen gadgetry, mattresses, tablets and laptops?

I know Black Hills style isn't for everyone, but it is an American made line of quality jewelry that I find very unique and beautiful. Lately, the programming has been reduced to 16 hours or less a year, but at least I could look forward to some programming 4 times a year.

Now that's gone. Good thing the Q will load up with overpriced "designer" jewelry programming manufactured in China instead. {#emotions_dlg.glare}

Honored Contributor

Re: No more Black Hills shows

JTV has 2 cute pieces of BHG

for the cowgirls out there

bear claw

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

I agree with OP. It's a shame that it's not on more often, especially on specific American holidays.

Respected Contributor

The program guide indicates that it is on twice today? I don't understand what you mean

Trusted Contributor

On 9/1/2014 Ladybug724 said:

The program guide indicates that it is on twice today? I don't understand what you mean

Yes, it's on twice today and that's it. Done. The show at 1p with Jane will be the last dedicated Black Hills show that QVC will be offering ever. Jim was discussing this at the beginning of the 1a show this morning.

Valued Contributor

That is sad, I love black hills gold!
Contributor

I will miss watching Jim and the Black Hills Gold jewelry shows. I am VERY DISAPPOINTED IN QVC. They have gotten where they show the same old things all the time! I use to watch QVC all weekend long and now I just watch it occasionally. I hope Jim and the Black Hills Gold jewelry will go to another shopping channel where maybe they will get some respect.

Valued Contributor

While I'm not a fan of Black Hills Gold I am a fan of diversity in programming. It seems that QVC is following the big money which, I guess, isn't Black Hills gold. They're doing what they need to do to make and keep their shareholders happy and I can't fault them for that.

As a shareholder I'd be happy but as a consumer, I am not. Computers, cameras, vacuums, floor cleaners, mattresses and Judith Ripka...I'm sick of it all and it gets a great big yawn from me.

Long gone are the days of QVC being on for background noise in my house, now I check out the TSV and the Lunchtime specials and after that, I'm on my way to do something else. If the Q has noticed I'm not buying or spending, they haven't called and asked why which, although I said this tongue in cheek, might not be a bad idea QVC. Why not take a look at some of the former spenders and inquire as to why their spending has tapered off. Take a minute to ask your customers what changed for them? Might be an eye opener, right?

Maria

Honored Contributor

Maria, I couldn't agree more. Tomorrow is Rose of Tralee with a whopping 8 hours for the entire day. Ripka got 10 hours the other day. I've got nothing against Ripka - my point is that the variety is sorely lacking. I've been a viewer since Jan 2008 and I can't get over the downhill slide into monotony. I can only imagine how viewers/shoppers who've been here longer feel. {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

I don't own any Black Hills gold, mainly because I don't care for 10kt and 12kt gold. Does anyone know why they don't make 14kt?