Super Contributor

What do you remember the most about Joan Rivers?

I remember her showing her three cherry pin on a pillow. In fact she had that pillow on her lap whenever she presented her pins. I thought it was so gentle and she let the host talk. Thank you, Joan. You can find that pin on etsy.com and also ebay.com.

Trusted Contributor

Re: What do you remember the most about Joan Rivers?

Carson and Ed Sullivan.

I'll be 55 in September, and my late family and I ALWAYS watched her on Carson and Sullivan.

Who can ever forget her intro..."Can we talk?"

As soon as my family and I heard that, we knew the laughter was on it's way and FAST!!

And of course her friend Heidi Abromowitz.

Can't forget Heidi!!

I was a little girl who should have been in bed, but my parents knew how much I loved her and I would laugh so hard along with them, so they let me stay up even on school nights!!

Still love her to this day!!

Praying for Joan, Melissa, Cooper and the rest of her family.

It ain't over till it's over!!

Honored Contributor

I remember her comedy years ago on TV. I think of her has such a energetic, talented, creative, and kind lady. I admired how she went on after the suicide of Edgar. I think she had to work and she had not only her comedic talent but her writing and also designs of jewelry and fashions. I enjoy her QVC shows and how knowledgeable she is about the history of a lot of pieces of jewelry. I admire her for being so active and creative. I also admire how she always looks so nicely dressed and "put together." I remember years ago on one QVC show a caller said how she was having a difficult time with chemo and cancer and Joan asked her to leave her information with the operator and she said she would send her an item--I think it was a bracelet. Whether or not some like her type of comedy, I think she has to be given credit for all she does. I just can't get her out of my mind since this happened and I hope the family gets good news about her condition. Joan and family are in my prayers.

Super Contributor

Her Bee pins.

Respected Contributor

I remember so many of her jokes going back to the '80s. "She studies for her Pap test," etc., etc., etc.

I think this anecdote sums up Joan's outlook and her extraordinary life: In selling her sunglasses with the bee embellishments, she explained that the bumblebee because of its shape isn't supposed to be able to fly. But it does! The bee is an important symbol to Joan because, like her, it is able to do the impossible. Joan broke ground as a comedian, then reinvented herself over and over. Didn't she start her QVC line when she was in her 50s, a time when most of us are thinking about retirement?

I hope Joan once again makes like the bumblebee and fights her way out of this illness.

Trusted Contributor

On 8/30/2014 Penellope said: This thread is premature and morbid.

Not really.

It's actually a really good question of what really hit me with Joan.

Even as a kid, I just "got" her sense of humor.

Dry, witty, no one was safe, including her, and she has always made me laugh!

Seriously one talented hard working lady who I have always respected.

I haven't given up on her.

I'm sure most haven't either.

Respected Contributor

I think this thread is a nice tribute to a great lady who's in all of our thoughts and prayers. Joan means so much to so many people, and it's nice to read the reasons why.

Honored Contributor

I remember the shows Joan did with Kathy Levine during the Q's glory days. They could be so funny, they had us, the audience, practically rolling on the floor. Joan did beautiful, high quality jewelry in those days.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I loved Joan on late night comedy. She said the things every woman wished she could say at the time. On the Q, I remember she had her dog with her all the time before it was the "in" thing for celebs to do. I just saw a beautiful pic of her at her husband's funeral. Dignity.

Respected Contributor

On 8/30/2014 kachina624 said: I remember the shows Joan did with Kathy Levine during the Q's glory days. They could be so funny, they had us, the audience, practically rolling on the floor. Joan did beautiful, high quality jewelry in those days.

Yes, those were the glory days of QVC. I loved watching the two of them together.{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Where there is life, there is hope. I am praying for a full recovery for Joan.