Honored Contributor

Necklaces, how do you store yours, so it's easy to see them?

I have one of Lori's jewelry, well two of them, but I'd like to find something that works better for necklaces. I would like to see them better. Do you have any experience with a good necklace holder/displayer for your necklaces. It's just sort of bothered me lately, and I like that Lori's helps with the treated black area to keep it safe from going bad. (IE: having to clean the silver from tarnish.)

I'd love some good ideas. thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Necklaces, how do you store yours, so it's easy to see them?

I have one jewelry keeper. It's one of Laurie's. The one mostly for necklaces. It has a mirror on both sides and swivels around to get to jewelry on one side and the the other. I picked it because it was the only one that had more hooks for chains. My omegas I keep in flat boxes. I have very little silver, mostly 18K gold so I can't tell you if it prevents tarnishing. The silver I do have is Ultra fine and they resist (so far) tarnishing. Someone on the board recommended it to me. I can't recall the item number. It's been so long, I don't know if it's offered anymore. It has nice areas to keep cuffs and other types of bracelets. I hunted around and found

H201678

It looks like it. I don't have that much jewelry, but it's the most effective one I've ever had. They have never offered something for Omegas though.

Trusted Contributor

I have my long necklaces hanging in the bedroom on a framed cork board that I bought at Home Goods. I love being able to see them all and I find that things I would normally forget about get worn a lot more often now.

Respected Contributor

I also use a framed cork board with decorative pins to display my necklaces. I LOVE it! I can see and find everything .
Respected Contributor

I store mine in the boxes they came in. Also I use a 15 necklace jewelry roll. I wouldn't consider having them out for easy theft by a burglar or persons who frequent your home.

Honored Contributor

I bought some of the little nylon mesh bags they sell in the bridal depts at Michael and put my jewel that did not have a bag, in them

They are cheap and you can see thru them

Esteemed Contributor

I bought one of those over the door racks and hang all my chunky necklaces there. For the finer pieces I use Lori's clear top velvet boxes.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Super Contributor

for some of my larger ones, I have a white wicker two shelf stand that I mounted on the wall and simply put cup/mug hooks underneath for hanging necklaces. I have some jewelry on the two shelves, but also decorative items. Other necklaces are lying flat in a Thomas Picone (sp) wooden tool chest with many slim drawers,,,had bought it from the Q many years ago for my son. Shame on me, it makes a great jewelry box!!!!

Valued Contributor

Believe it or not, I lay mine out in a Prestige(HSN) ring box. Works great for chains....lay them east/west in the grooves.

I do the same thing with my earrings.

Honored Contributor

On 8/29/2014 songbird said:

I have one jewelry keeper. It's one of Laurie's. The one mostly for necklaces. It has a mirror on both sides and swivels around to get to jewelry on one side and the the other. I picked it because it was the only one that had more hooks for chains. My omegas I keep in flat boxes. I have very little silver, mostly 18K gold so I can't tell you if it prevents tarnishing. The silver I do have is Ultra fine and they resist (so far) tarnishing. Someone on the board recommended it to me. I can't recall the item number. It's been so long, I don't know if it's offered anymore. It has nice areas to keep cuffs and other types of bracelets. I hunted around and found

H201678

It looks like it. I don't have that much jewelry, but it's the most effective one I've ever had. They have never offered something for Omegas though.

Thanks Songbird, I'll write that down and check it out! You're a dear.