Trusted Contributor

JUDITH RIPKA $963 OTO BRACELET

I'm sorry but I just don't get charging this kind of money for SS with synthetic stones and non-semi precious stones. Judith was reiterating that it is sterling! How much does sterling cost today especially for designers like Judith since they buy it in huge quantities. You could buy something in gold for that price and then you know you have an investment. I guess if money is no object, people will go for it. But with the economy the way it is today, I don't even understand bringing these expensive pieces to QVC. But then again, Judith knows her Ripkanistas will have to buy no matter what these pieces cost. Oh and now they are showing a diamonique necklace for $987, is she kidding! it's fake stones and SS! Wow, I'm happy I bought some pieces years ago when the prices were much, much lower. Sorry to say this but this is just greed.
Honored Contributor

Re: JUDITH RIPKA $963 OTO BRACELET

I don't think you could buy a gold bracelet with those stones for $1000. There's a lot of metal in that bracelet. Maybe for $10,000.

That's not a bracelet I'd ever wear, but it's stunning. Hope those who buy it love it.

Regular Contributor

I don't believe her ""silver"" is 100 percent all silver

Regular Contributor

On 8/28/2014 mydora said:

I don't believe her "silver" is 100 percent all silver

"Sterling" silver is by definition 92.5% silver (usually stamped 925). "Fine" silver is 99.9% silver. Pure silver is too soft (not as soft as pure gold) and so an alloy is used to improve durability.

Value, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder -- each person decides whether an item is worth the asking price.

Trusted Contributor

On 8/28/2014 millieshops said:

I don't think you could buy a gold bracelet with those stones for $1000. There's a lot of metal in that bracelet. Maybe for $10,000.

That's not a bracelet I'd ever wear, but it's stunning. Hope those who buy it love it.

I didn't mean you could buy that same bracelet for that price, just that you could buy a jewelry piece in gold for that price. Another thing, no way would you have to pay $10,000 in gold for those stones. They are not precious stones, they are diamonique, synthetic and the least expensive stones you could buy.
Super Contributor

You could buy a piece of jewelry in 14k for that price and it would wear well without ever tarnishing. And if you ever decided to sell it you would get more than you would get if selling silver.

Honored Contributor

At Judith's cost for the materials, I bet that cost less than $100 to manufacture! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Respected Contributor

Totally absurd.....I agree with everything you said.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Trusted Contributor

On 8/29/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

At Judith's cost for the materials, I bet that cost less than $100 to manufacture! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

I guarantee it cost her less than $100 to manufacture. Those stones cost practically nothing and silver is not expensive either. It's just crazy.
Super Contributor

I think she is very greedy. Won't buy her jewelry on principle.