Super Contributor

Sizing Help Please on J277077 Dawkins MOP Starry Night

I usually wear a size 7 on my ring finger; shall I go up a size in this particular ring for my middle finger or will the ring flip flop. Is the underneath open or closed? Please let me know ASAP as I have ordered and they may process quickly. Thank you.

Valued Contributor

Re: Sizing Help Please on J277077 Dawkins MOP Starry Night

Believe it or not, I had to size up 2 sizes from my regular right hand ring size, also a 7. When the 7 came it wouldn't even go over my knuckle so I wasn't sure the next size would do so either so I held my breath and ordered a 9, figuring I could always wear it on my middle finger, but it fit my ring finger beautifully. You may not need to do that but I did it anticipating a slight swelling in the summer time and two sizes up fit perfectly. It's a big ring but in the right size will sit perfectly on your finger and not turn itself around.

Good luck...

Maria

Oh, sorry I forgot to address the bottom. The shank is solid but it does taper a bit. Hope that helps.

Super Contributor

Maria,

Thank you very much for your advice. I will go ahead a order an 8. What I was referring to what the underneath portion of the ring by the stone. When you turn the ring over, can you see the stone from underneath?

Valued Contributor

On 8/28/2014 gem lover said:

Maria,

Thank you very much for your advice. I will go ahead a order an 8. What I was referring to what the underneath portion of the ring by the stone. When you turn the ring over, can you see the stone from underneath?

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood, DUH me, the underneath is definitely open. I bought the amethyst one and when I look underneath the ring, I do see the back part of the stone.

Sorry I took so long to get back to you. I guess by now it's too late to cancel so I hope you like it when it gets to you.

Maria

Valued Contributor

Usually if a ring is open underneath like that I can wear my normal size, even if the ring is wider.

Super Contributor

Of course, I saw this too late. I ordered my regular size and the fit was fine. Yes, it is opened underneath. Beautiful ring, I have the green. ENJOY~